BG blitz avoid toxic players function (like in overwatch)

in overwatch theres an “avoid player” function where you can put people on this list.

by putting them on the list it makes it so they wont be matched on your team.

this game desperately needs this. theres so many mages out there who refuse to time warp, and also doing less damage than healers. it would be nice if i could plasce these greifers on a blacklist.

they r flat out refusing to time warp. i notice mages, rshammies and evokers all doing this. they all get super super sad when u ask them to press their buff . id rather just avoid ppl like this. thanks

6 Likes

There are definitely a few habitual AFKers and non-participators from season 3 that I would put on this list.

3 Likes

if you ignore the better players you wont get games to pop.

1 Like

This would essentially be punishing people for being bad at the game. The idea behind a queueable ranked system is that in a couple games you’ll be beyond said player and never see them again anyway. If everyone puts them on ignore lists, they could potentially not be able to play a game they pay for.

2 Likes

This wouldn’t work. I mean, the group makeup isn’t really “Random” (and fair) if you can just decide to exclude whoever you want, for whatever reason(s) - legitimate or otherwise.

What you’re looking for already exists. It’s called RBGs. You know… where you make your own team?

1 Like

I’m just going to exclude every enhancement shaman and frost dk that I see.

Can you time warp in rated games?

you can in BGB currently and a few of the other rated restrictions are in place like no engin tinkers, no potions, etc.

Not going to happen.

Played 6 rounds on my holy paladin today, 4 of the 6 games once the first team battle was over and one team had a lead the other quit playing. Or half quit playing. 1 of those games 1/2 my team was afk at the start and sat around outside the ToK arena just kind of hitting random enemies to not time out. Will say the quality of games was lowest iin tok maps though. Probably best quality was the MoP area map.
If I could avoid afk’ers I think it would be a lto more enjoyable. 1 game I had more damage as a holy paladin then 3 of the dps on my team.

Yeah, the mode seems infested with random BG quitters due to the vault.

I was playing off and on throughout the day on Sunday. Evening games felt better. Daytime was just too many leavers and/or total wipe-outs.

I feel your pain.

For many, BGB is a break from RBG groups not being listed(not everyone wants to be in charge and create a group), or looking for specific specs or rolls excluding what they dont want (as they should) based on talent choice, low gear, low rating, poorly tuned specs, ect. Folks dont like being invited and getting in to be removed before or after one match, even if the whole team disbands it doesnt feel good.

BGB allows all rolls and specs to get in queue to do content, without excluding anyone. Thats its purpose.

If you want to exclude with a blacklist as low as two people per game for whatever reason, in a few weeks your wait time could be quite long. I understand wanting the blacklist, but if everyone blacklists various people, wait times could grow exponentially.

I played about 7 games of blitz for the first time as I was not subscribed last season. I lost 4 , won 3 . 6 of the games were white washes win or lose . One mine game was turned around in the last second for a win.

I can’t say how this mode is better than RBG’s if that’s what Blizz was looking for . The only benefit is to fill the vault by playing enough games . Most of the ppl don’t care and there are ppl who quit leaving you a man down .

If you are just starting Blitz and aren’t carrying over any MMR from the previous season, then the correct comparison would be to LFG YOLO preform RBGs. Things are different, with a few exceptions, at higher MMR.

Lower MMR matches (<1800) are extremely painful, particular with the great vault being available.

It’s going to take a long long time to get to 1800 MMR from what I saw last night , lol

Well, the first ten to fifteen games are placement games where you can be put into all kinds of MMR ranges. Eventually it settles, but I do think it would be harder now in Season 4 than Season 3. There are a lot more very questionable players out there at the moment, so it’s going to be a matter of luck sadly.

Only thing you can really do is duo queue to try to push out of it.

Disable chat option. I use pings for callouts. I avoid all toxicity in the city.

Sweet i can put bad dps on my toxic player list and never get them again.