BG Ban wave. Blizzard needs to address this

I’m not sure it’s even worth arguing this anymore. I think what we’re seeing here is a few disgruntled players that haven’t been unbanned, and likely won’t be, grasping at straws in desperation to prove their ban was unjust somehow.

I know one of these two was already told by a Customer Support agent after they personally reviewed their account that “I wouldn’t hold out a great deal of hope this one is going to be overturned”.

as someone who only defends in AV i literally cannot comprehend or defend how someone doesn’t see combat once during the entirety of the game.
if you’re “defending” in AV, your logs are going to infer some sort of play/variation
and the game where you literally see no one is so rare and unlikely that it wouldn’t create a pattern for logs.
another thing i noticed is how, the “inactive” buff that shows on the map for other players, doesn’t happen very often.
so it’s a bit curious how i can play 20+ games and maybe see it once
but apparently, the bans are insane and rampant?
not arguing that blizzard would care to go to an extent to verify or audit or whatever, i’m just saying there’s something disingenuous happening.

the same system (it feels) was used in the start of phase 2 of classic vanilla, and the people getting banned knew they should have been. there has always been stories of one offs, or bad appeal reviews, but this seems sussy as f!@#.

ALSO: i will say, the QUALITY of my games since the ban wave has GREATLY INCREASED.

I have heard that their CS team is massive but their CS team isn’t responsible for banning people. They review the appeals no? It would be the devs like Pazorax or the GMs that review those metrics that get people banned. I’m sure no one really knows. So I’m really wasting time arguing the semantics of it. Its just a wish of mine to more understand but unfortunately Blizz doesn’t let most of that information out due to preventing botters and blatant abusers get around their metrics

Editing your post won’t stop Blizzard from seeing what you just typed. I suggest everyone report this post I’m responding to, as it was particularly vile.

2 Likes

Everyone knows it’s not 100% automated ban.

People have a problem with false reports being a part of the puzzle when determining if they will ban you. The reports are not reviewed, its just a number that says you were reported x number of times and that goes into consideration.

Hypothetically they ban if you meet 2 of their criteria, but those who are getting report bombed for not being level 70 or being a boostie have it unfairly skewed against them now as they have to only get caught on a single “non participation” item instead of 2 like everyone else who isn’t getting report bombed. This is the part that worries people.

That’s interesting. I did not know that, thank you for sharing.

That’s all it’s been. It’s been you conspiring and performing this absurd mental gymnastics routine to push false narratives. You’re welcome to believe those but the rest of us do not have to.

We don’t know how big or small the scale is, and they’ve EXPLICITLY said this:

What part of this are you not understanding?

It was wise of you to remove the last portion of that post btw.

Nah, there’s a ton of people who apparently believe that it is. Just read a few threads.

extremely large. 6 days waiting on a ticket.

1 Like

Chornobyl, I know its frustrating my man. Don’t stoop yourself low enough to screw yourself over. I know you are pissed at Blizz and trust me, I’m not happy. Most of us are adults here, I assume. Lets just keep it all civil. We don’t have to like each other but we shouldn’t go at each others throats over a forum for a video game.

get f!@#ed AFKers, code better or play the game next time

People are just jumping to it being “automated” when in actuality it’s just not as manual as it should be.

You right. Thanks for the perspective bro <3

afkers dont use any code. You talking about bots.

Okay I will give it a couple of days but my launcher says Oct 5th not September 14. I really think they just issued a ban twice even though the 7 day ban came 2 days later.

This is getting toxic. Since wrath of full of dad gamers can someone judge my dad joke?

Why is it bad to trust ladders?

They’re always up to something

you want an award for being born later? you get to watch it all collapse, that’s your reward.

Its because of us dad gamers that you even get the chance to play wrath

How on earth are you offended?! Just trying to stop ppl from insulting eachother

People find any reason to be offended at one another these days.

1 Like

Your name is offensive because I had a bear that died and it’s name was Clyde.