BG Ban wave. Blizzard needs to address this

Your email said it was reduced to two weeks?

My email said it was reduced to 9/14 which would be 9/5 - 9/14, 9 days, but when I try to login, it still has the original time length, currently 28 days.

1 Like

I think we got banned twice for the same thing…

AV weekend is going to be a minefield. I feel like players that spam report are going to feel empowered by their efforts and report even more.

3 Likes

mine just says i got banned for 7ndays, nothing about a reduction

The reduction was announced via blue post.

If you received an email saying it was reduced it will be reduced on the launcher. Give them time.

Semantics. “We recently discovered a bug in our analytics data that called into question some of these suspensions, and in those cases we will reverse the suspension.” Analytics data aka algorithm. Tell me you dont know anything about tech without telling me you know anything about tech.

1 Like

My ticket just got closed with the following.

• After a careful investigation of your account warning, we have lowered the suspension of your account to 7 days. This change has already been put into effect, and your account will be available once the suspension has fully expired. Please note that the notification on your Battle.net App may not reflect this change. However, your account should be available again on or before September 13th 2022. Make sure to review the Code of Conduct and Terms of Use: https://blizzard.com/support/article/42673 https://blizzard.com/company/legal/eula.html We now consider this matter closed and Customer Service is unable to discuss this further.*
2 Likes

Appeal again.

IDGAF at this point, I’m just going to bill extra hours this week and figure out if I want to play after the suspension lifts. Might just wait for Dragonflight.

4 Likes

Oof dont play dragonflight. In fact if you purchased it. Make them refund you. Definitely appeal it. Make them have to do all the extra work this week you can because of their mess up. We need to literally put the screws to them this time. They messed up BIG TIME here.

2 Likes

This is just a Ghostcrawler MMO waiting room.

1 Like

Yup. At this point Riot mmo when?

Woke up this morning and it was reduced to 7 days, which is now the 13th instead of the first email that was the 14th… which is… whatever at this point. But just putting this out there for those that still might be curious of what is going on.

Also I got that via ticket reply that I put in last night. Which was less than a 24 hour turn around. I put in a ticket asking why I was still showing the full 30 days – didn’t get an actual answer to that, but it is what it is – I imagine it will update sometime today during a data base merge/update.

2 Likes

Same. I’m fighting it the entire time. They dont get to do this to people falsely. Has me considering just quitting entirely still. Because I was in fact target reported for being a leveling DK existing in angry neckbeards precious AV. While doing objectives the whole time. Literally people screeching in chat “report every lowbie and boostie afk”. This is NOT ok.

2 Likes

Yeah. Its a really shameful situation currently that is being over looked. I have ZERO doubt a lot of people are being reported for being under geared, a booster, a DK trying to level, or just someone capping a tower that makes someone mad.

Now I get that this isn’t SOLELY what they are going off of. But if that is what they are using to trigger an investigation then its going to cause problems. Because it gives the mob the power to point the direction of the sword. While it might not always cut it will always cut in that direction when it happens to.

3 Likes

These trolls are ruining this game lol.
Can’t PvP, can barely do dungeons.

1 Like

The only way you can pvp now is run an entire premade, and then most likely a bunch of mad pugs will target report you because they lost in 5 minutes, and it wasnt fair in their eyes or in line with their ideals of what playstyle should be. The entire report system needs an overhaul.

Make sure you report people who say that for inciting false reporting.

5 Likes

Thats basically automated if they dont actually go in and look themselves.

1 Like

I had two accounts suspended with this wave, my rogues account which I played 187 AV games over the course of Tuesday → Saturday morning had the suspension reverted the same day it occurred. My other account which has my main priest (whom I played 0 AV games on) but also has my level 61 warrior which I decided to play maybe 12-15 AV games between Friday and Saturday (or maybe it wasn’t even that much) got hit with the suspension and that account is still suspended (I played largely in the same manner on him that I did on my rogue only obviously not being able to do as much due to his lower level). I got the same email saying acct XXXX was suspended for pvp/non-participation only it said until 9/14/2022, then got a second email this morning closing out the ticket I put in when all of this first occurred saying that after review my account has had the warning and suspension lifted. Now the response was obviously some copy/pasted crap but it didn’t specify what account, now I can play my rogue, which I’ve been able to since Monday evening, but my other account which holds my main is still suspended.
Now even if it is reviewed and decided not to revert the suspension, I played no different on either account the only difference is the rogue was boosted and I assume all of the ‘reports of non-activity’ occurred during the first couple of days I was doing AV on him when he was still in green gear and then people stopped reporting him when he was in mostly brutal gear, and the warrior was a level 61. Their metrics for what is acceptable when considering ‘non-participation’ is BS, and you know flags for ‘investigation’ only occur when people are reported and won’t occur if you aren’t. If someone looks at your character and you are in the obvious boosted gear or a low level and you enter AV you are just playing with fate that your game isn’t full of a-holes who will just report you for existing in “their” AV with that gear/level. If you have gear you are largely safe, even if you are an actual ‘non-participant’.
I did a handful of AV games on my Alliance mage on Sunday and a few after I was prevented from playing my Horde characters, my mage actually has gear and I AGAIN played in largely the same manner as I did on my Horde, just on the opposite side of the map, nothing ever happened to him.

My playstyle in AV has always been the same, in the ‘zerg’ meta that we’re in the most important towers are the middle 4 as unless one side has several coordinated tank/healers Vann/Drek only become killable once 2 WM/Marshals are gone thus whoever is the first to burn 2 towers/bunkers is on average the team that is most likely to win. On my horde characters I keep an eye on SHB/IWB until they are burning or have been back capped (which when that happens the game usually devolves into a turtle’ On my alliance I move back and forth between IBT/TP.
In all cases once those bunkers/towers are burning I start moving to DB/FW to assist in killing the boss (if it isn’t already dead before I get there), and if the towers get back capped and the game devolves into a turtle, I participate in the turtle.

Now my boosted horde rogue (187 games played) - suspended and then unsuspended same day
low level horde warrior (15ish games played) - suspended and still suspended
geared alliance mage (15-20ish games played) - no action taken whatsoever

Now tell me this system is fine, because I’ll tell you it isn’t.

4 Likes