BFA Won't launch after installing classic

I installed classic earlier today to play in the stress test. When I’ve switched back to BFA, it says “update” instead of play, and start an automatic update. It stops after a few seconds and gives me the following error code: BLZBNTAGT00000840. I’ve ran a repair, re-installed battle.net, I’m on an administrator account, and have security programs disabled. I had this problem a week ago, I already had classic installed and it happened seemingly randomly. I fixed it then by uninstalling WoW, both classic and BFA, and reinstalling. I would prefer not to do this again, setting up all of UI on my characters and auction addon took forever. Any helps/suggestions on how to fix this?

1 Like

Check your task manager and make sure that you dont have anything WoW related running. I had this same problem and it was a voice proxy running. Ended the process and it updated just fine.

1 Like

Voice proxy was running, ending the process worked! Such a simple solution, thank you! Although I’m curious how/why the voice proxy was running outside of the game.

1 Like

I would assume its not integrated into classic specifically and is a standalone program. Although the sound quality on it is pretty decent surprisingly.

i dont have this voice proxy and i still cant update. what can i do?

Hi Nazrok

The other issue we have seen is a Antivirus called TotalAV blocking things. Do you have that installed?