BfA was much better than Shadowlands

I don’t get it. Blizz comes out with a new expansion consisting of a tiny zone to play in…Korthia. Can’t fly and of course there’s no flight whistle because there’s no room for flying. We earned Door of Shadows in SL but can’t use it in Korthia. When making a zone for Korthia it could have been easy to make it large enough to permit flying. Nope. Can’t have that. To me it’s seems that Blizz is driving players to raids and dungeons, or else. And I can’t do them. They cause just enough stress that they bother my damaged heart. That ain’t good. I’d just as soon stay alive. So I play Solo, like always. Although I did do some back in Legion and BFA, not much.

In BFA I had fun playing Solo. Never was bored, always something to do. Nazjatar was added and Mechagon too was added. Flying too, once unlocked which didn’t take that much to gain. There was tons to do in BFA and even SL’s, compared to Korthia. And the Maw and Torghast are terrible. Korthia must have been put together by a totally different crew than the crew that put BFA/SL together. Korthia is a disappointment to say the least!

The game has changed so much since Pandaria when I started. Way diffenent. Might be time for me to look for another game to play. And that’s a bummer because up until Korthia/Maw/Torghast I loved this game.

To those that love palying raids and dungeons, I envy you. Have fun.

7 Likes

Yea, I miss BfA too. I came in thinking SL was going to be awesome becasause hey! It’s the WoW underworld we get to explore but man is it the most tedious thing I’ve ever experienced. It feels like there are no stop-gaps at anytime to just enjoy the small things and everything is a huge deal you must spend hours on per grind. PvP playing like an old-school vanilla balance is really awkward after many expansions of tank and spank style coordination.

3 Likes

BfA gave me Kul Tiran. So it’s always gonna be my favorite expansion. However I really hate Drustvar… and also having to do Pathfinder to get flying.

SL wasn’t the trainwreck that people were saying it was prior to when I purchased it. While it’s certainly not great… I really do love Ardenweald and the different Covenants. But it’s certainly far from amazing.

But yes I would agree that BfA > SL

it’s true and that is sad

2 Likes

It takes like 45 second to ride the length of the zone.

No it wasn’t but go on.

1 Like

Thanks for that subjective opinion on subjective matters.

Nailed it! 10/10
Heavens dude, you wrote every single word I think about this, and anxiety, and including starting in Mists.

I was at a crossroads today. I didn’t know if I’d follow through on the unsub ticking closer - that means I’ll loose this weird & wacky board as well.

But, a couple of articles, more research and info…and then this. You’re going to take hits for it, but not from me. You helped me make a difficult decision reminding me why I was already on the fence before this other stuff happened.

Thank you. That was just really great to read :butterfly:

1 Like

Awww on the last part, Drustvar, but you’re a nice guy. Thanks for not shaming the OP. Nice post too. :butterfly:

1 Like

That place scares me. And nothing scares me.

1 Like

Not based on what general discussion claims OP

BfA was bashed so hard that it turned into glue countless times

People claim they miss it because it’s the norm to praise the previous expansion

They will do this too with the next expansion and how great SL was

People made their bed during 8.3, they need to lie in it

It was not better. I don’t miss BFA it’s just as bad as Shadowlands. Only time will tell if it’s worse.

This thread was hit by “Twilight Devastation” for 50,000!

Lol :joy: it’s just a few witches - the wickermen things were scary. But, awe, poor dead lover, separated sweet hearts, and attending a ghostly wedding. I hate spiders though!

First vyrkl (sp?), stone golems, order of the embers - I wanted that reputation for fun, not because I had to. The history of the Kul Tirans is represented in that story more than any other. Though Tiragarde Sound is my favorite.

Though I don’t do dungeons much(main hunter) thank god I got into a great pug for that one with every sweet strangers helping me so I could finish the story.

I approached BFA swearing I wouldn’t even look at Pathfinder until it was a couple of weeks before. Turns out I did almost everything just playing - Hated Rustbolt rep & Naztjar wasn’t all that much fun - lots of swearing during that until flying. At least they had flight whistles.

Take care, friend. :butterfly: Happy trails. If you’re going to ffiv my battletag is Chava#4916 look me up and maybe I can start a friend list.

1 Like

Clark, just add “Some people” at the beginning of that sentence and we’re good.

1 Like

This is completely true however even with as many problems as BFA had - SL has far more and is far less enjoyable (for me personally).

:cookie:

1 Like