BFA Starting Quest Following 9.0 Patch

It’s been a couple years since serious playing, but I just preordered Shadowlands and am ready to run a couple of my toons through BFA following the squish. I have checked all of sites and the BFA starting quest is not there. I’m guessing it’s something easy, but I’m getting frustrated. As far as I know, it was initially to level up from 110 to 120. All 110 accounts were squished to 45, so logic dictates that at 45 I should see this starting quest. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

2 Likes

~bump~
Same here… googled all over the place and can’t figure out how to start BFA

1 Like

It’s bugged… PERIOD. Everyone is having this problem. It’s been reported in other threads here and reported in reddit.

There is NO WAY to start BFA campaign if you are playing alliance.

4 Likes

So after getting stuck with the same issue and trying to resolve it for an hour…I suddenly remembered that there is an actual boat that can take you to Boralus if you do not have a quest offered in Stormwind. The boat docks where the Darnassus boat used to dock and now I feel like an idiot. Hope that helps some of you xD

1 Like

I just had a similar issue. I also found the boat. Yes, it takes you there, but there are no quests in Boralus to actually pick up. So, it’s still broken, even with a way to get there. Unless you want to grind mobs for 40 levels…

2 Likes

I just noticed that as well. Whelp… :frowning:

Same for me, fresh level 50, no quests in SW except battle pet. Portal works and when I get there I can pick up the WQ quest and start then but all of the NPCs needed for anything with the storyline including opening travel to zandalar are t there

1 Like

Took the boat and basically just doing all the side quests for now. Hope this gets fixed soon…

While it sucks for everyone wanting to quest in Boralus that this is STILL broken, your post helped get me to the thing I DID need: The island expedition table, which does work if you’ve unlocked it account wide!

But yeah they totally need to fix this!

1 Like

I found the starter quest for BFA on a lvl 26 (after pre patch was launched) Pandarean Shammie from a Hero’s Herald at 63 72 in the middle of the trading district in Stormwind some days ago, but this is the only time I have seen him giving the quest. Been there a couple of times after this but he has not given any quest after this :frowning:

According to other posts in the forum…this is a common problem that Blizz is tracking for Alliance players that were created pre patch. Hopefully it gets resolved soon.

Yes you can take the boat to Boralis, BUT there is not a quest to get the portal room activated. (As I recall, the harbor master gives you a quest that you hand in at the portal room and three portals are activated.) The room that has the harbor master, Talia (sp?), and Genn is empty. Not even a few crickets…

This looks to be fixed now

I got here and leveled from 30 to 46 in Boralus, but I can’t find the Heart of Azeroth questline. Is that bugged too?

If you are Horde, walk into the Throne room in Valley of Strength. It triggers the start of BFA, by doing the scenario.

For Alliance, walk into the Keep to talk to Wrynn, to begin it. They removed the ! pop up that began the quest prior to 9.0. I did this on a Fresh horde toon, so i can speak for the way it began on Horde side, this is a suggestion on Alliance side, since I am not playing there at the moment. But my assumption is it would begin there.

1 Like