BFA player mass reported and banned for 72h for engaging in world PVP

What are you going on about ? You have to flag yourself on a pve server to engage in pvp. They won’t remove that.

I remember some epic battles in Lakeshire/STV/Hillsbrad/Crossroads and I was on a pve server. People coming and flagging up and we had a great time.

You just don’t flag up if you don’t want to engage.

i would say it is you doing the harassment and trolling most of the time from what i can see.

have fun with that though.

If you, either as a developer or a player, are stupid enough to say that forcing people to flag is not forcing them to PvP you deserve the dumpsterfire you get. I’m not into PvP but I am also not stupid enough to think that “I should be able to get this arena gear without having to PvP.” For a long time I have disagreed with making PvE progression gear (whether it be pre-raid BiS or some other point on the path) dependent on PvP but it has been the case since TBC so there it is.

Now, if you are going to make a design choice to force people to flag for PvP then understand that they will get killed by other players and that is not a reportable offense. Also realize that if they are killed in the middle of a fight, if they come respawn in the middle of the fight they are going to get killed again because in the middle of a fight nobody is stopping to see if they already killed this person once… It’s a red nameplate and it must die before it kills you.

Voluntarily flagging for PvP is just that, voluntary. When you do it you give up all right to complain about people actually engaging you in PvP. Feel free to complain to the designer for making a reward that forces you to flag but don’t blame a player who sees you flagged for treating you as if you are flagged. There’s no such thing as a flag with a note that says “but I don’t really mean it”.

4 Likes

Life must be really hard for you if you are this sensitive. You afraid of pvp in a video game oh no mommy help someone is being mean to meeeee

1 Like

What’s so stupid about it is that she’s already said she is rolling PvE so this whole discussion has less than zero impact on her but she still feels the need to be here whining.

I’m likely to be on a PvE server as well but I know what flagging is and will be PvPing when I want to on my terms which the old system made easily possible.

Had nothing to do with wPvP. As I suspected…

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/a6va7p/comment/ebzmg4w/

Hey Morajin,

First, let me assure you that this action was not taken due to any participation in world PVP. I can understand how the timing of the action could have led you to that conclusion so I want to make sure we’re clear that it was not related. We would not find actions, such as taking over a flight point or quest hub, to be actionable offenses. Players have the option of disabling War Mode or organizing a counter attack with their own faction to retake the area.

What you were suspended for was ongoing targeted harassment of others. We investigated a report we received and were able to verify that, after being placed on ignore, you continued to harass another player through in-game mail using multiple characters on your account. Your messages were not limited to a single person; you harassed other associates of this player with unsolicited mail. We provide a number of tools to allow players to moderate their own social experiences in-game. Bypassing this feature to continue unwanted interactions constitutes disruptive gameplay and will result in account action, including silencing or suspension from the game.

I hope this helps to clarify the reason for this penalty. I suggest that in the future if someone places you on ignore that you do not try to contact them either directly or through their associates.

3 Likes

Welcome to automated reporting. Perfect example of why the current automated reporting/silencing/banning system needs to remain OUT of classic.

1 Like

you can appeal any ban and they will actually look into it

you have to submit a ticket and be willing to give them some time if you have a legit reason for appealing

thanks for posting that. harassing people with mail spam is definitely suspension worthy

What do you mean…a few post back you were overjoyed that pvp was being squashed.

At least keep the same stand within a thread.

I had stated that it had something to do with something outside of the video, I was correct.

Am I excited he got banned in the middle of PvP, even if it had nothing to do with PvP and it killed that PvP? Yep.

1 Like

There is now a real response to this players ban stating that the action had nothing to do with PvP and everything with his utilization of the in-game mail system to harass another player on multiple characters on his account, as well as friends of said original harassed player.
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/a6va7p/-/ebzmg4w/
Also… Talking of in-game or forum disciplinary action is something you could also get a vacation for.

If someone is banned, or actioned in some way, it is almost always justified and the people they are pleading their case to almost never know the actual story.

2 Likes

nothing to see here folks. OP was a jerk and got banned. move along. move along.

2 Likes

Sure. But like I said it’s usually a suspension. And it’s pretty much guaranteed the suspension will expire before they investigate. At that point they won’t do anything for you. It has to be prevented from happening in the first place.

2 Likes

Asmondgold deserves banning often and harshly.

3 Likes

Wait, you are happy that an unrelated event caused the interruption of a portion of the game that people had voluntarily chosen to participate in? What a winner you are. You need to grow up a bit and quit worrying about people enjoying themselves doing something that doesn’t have the slightest impact on you even if you don’t find it enjoyable.

He deserved the ban for asking players who watch his stream to come to his garrison and purposely submit false reports. He abused the system.

Frankly he should have gotten an actual suspension for that, not just an in-game silence for 24 hours.

2 Likes

The obvious question here, after seeing the GM response, would be to ask why exactly you can still send mail to people who have you on ignore?

Regardless of this particular case not being the ideal mascot for this issue, this issue is and has been repeatedly proven to be a very legitimate cause for concern, and has no place in either classic nor the live game.

I’d add that their appeal system and claimed review system still involves you being forced to sit in a purgatory state for the duration before those steps actually happen, and can last longer than the auto silence did to begin with.

This needs to somehow be marked as the solution to this thread, and this thread closed.

All the outrage and attempts to use this to blame people who don’t like being ganked in a PvP mode - FALSE.

All the outrage and attempts to blame this on right-click reporting - FALSE.

3 Likes

In the vast majority of cases I would agree. But I’ve seen the system being abused as well.

Shame on this player for trying to blame his suspension on PvP. He knew damn well…