BfA Pathfinder and Returning Players

Play a human and the rep is a lot easier.

1 Like

Next time you want to claim you’ve never played BFA, maybe try posting on a character that isn’t an allied race that requires you to play BFA to unlock it.

That’s like saying “As someone who has never played Horde.” while posting on a level 60 Horde character.

I am pretty sure they already dropped the part 2 of that anyway. You should have returned next expansion and you might have got flying for free.

All you have to do to get flying in Shadowlands is the story campaign. It unlocks like two weeks into the 9.1 patch or something like that. Are you saying that following the story line is too grindy?

he only unlocked those last month.

1 Like

so what you’re saying, is that you have extra reason to want flight, but still don’t want to engage with the game enough to unlock it.

k. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Oh, I literally just assumed it was another rep grind and decided I wasn’t even going to look into it :joy:. I also got Legion flying for a similar reason. I just didn’t bother to look into it but oh look I unlocked pathfinder 2 somehow, neat.

That’s actually a nice change, ngl.

1 Like

posting as a dark iron
never played BFA

next time you buy an account or char
pay for one with the achievement.

2 Likes

As someone who did the grind when it was current

The rep requirement is total :$(&„~ÂŁ<€^*% :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: garbage. Nazjatar is a toilet. Mechagon is the only somewhat tolerable zone without flight because of the jetpack. BFA’s islands can sink into the ocean, Queen Azshara can have that trash.

Don’t force returners and newbies to endure this virtual sewage.

quite the negative statement for someone on a vulpera to make. sigh.

Just keeping it real :wink:

if you’re new or leveling, you go play through for 8 levels and move on.

if you want to go back and do stuff, do the daily emissaries to chip away at flight.

so much drama. :roll_eyes:

I just don’t feel it’s right to force new/returning players to do repetitive filler to enjoy the freedom players who did it while current already have. Especially when said content was panned by many at release (see all the Pathfinder whine threads).

If I was new or returning, joined, saw people flying over my head to kill objectives faster than I could reach them, then realized I couldn’t get that freedom for almost a month AND this content is outdated? At best I’d never want to touch BFA content again or go back and experience it, or at worst I’d quit. Bad game design on both counts. It punishes the player for not having, rather than encouraging the player to go get it.

nobody is being forced to do anything.

either they want the thing, or they don’t.

it unlocks flight for the entire account, plus a funky bird mount.

this seems to come entirely from a point of entitlement.

I don’t know. The point of my original post was that I, personally, never felt like I needed flying. It’s more of a minor QoL thing if at all. Quests are so tightly packed that it feels like wasted keystrokes to mount up, most of the time. Then you could say herb and fishing, but even then I just used the flight paths that are quite literally everywhere. They just don’t design land masses like Kalimdor anymore.

Is it entitlement? Again, I ground it out. In fact I did it multiple times because I’m kind of a masochist who wants my current main to have Exalted bars on major reps in current content.

It wasn’t fun. Games are supposed to be fun. WoW was built on the foundation of moving away from the EQ1-style “I walked uphill for 15 miles in the snow to get what I want” style of early MMO gameplay. The devs are weirdly reverting back to that playstyle
 in the 2020s. Vanguard, Wildstar, multiple MMOs have crashed and burned trying to appeal to that “git gud and earn every scrap, scrub” playstyle. It’s just too niche these days. It doesn’t sell.

Again, I’ve been there and done that. Doesn’t affect me in the slightest. But what about others? I just don’t want anyone new to be turned off to this great game because of annoying little things like this.

don’t assume that everyone is you.

there would be plenty of people (myself included) who wouldn’t bother with grinding rep on more than one character
 unless i wanted rewards specific to that rep.

there have been plenty of new players explaining how they enjoy the idea of having goals to work towards.

just because it’s a game, doesn’t mean every aspect has to be everyones idea of “fun”.

sometimes a thing is worth the “uphill barefoot in the snow”, just for the reward when you get to the top.

Yes, I too am curious as to the DID incrogruity. Ignoring that for a moment, this reminds me of getting uber butthurt when I came back in late legion and couldn’t fly. So I understand the OPs frustration. That being said, it’s clear you have played at least some of bfa. So just finish it off to hit 50, do SL till 60, then come back to bfa and one shot everything. The only issue is the rep. This is where I agree. Blizz implemented permanent 200% rep for legion. They should do the same for bfa.

At the same time, you can’t assume everyone is you and would be okay with the grind rather than just feeling awful about it and quitting. WoW can’t afford to lose people by sitting on a high horse right now. Game’s old. Successful, but old. It needs to gather and actually retain players.

Pleasing the hardcore with satisfying, well-earned rewards vs. driving off too many players with anti-casual barriers has been a struggle for MMOs since the late 90s. Blizzard swung one way, then violently swung in the other direction.

I think I joined at the same time as you!

I made my character in April 2019 but sadly I was kinda stupid so didn’t get into the ‘real’ content until 8.2.5.