BfA Pathfinder and Returning Players

As a returning player I had never played BfA. With 14 alts that really want to get around efficiently, I find the requirements for BfA Pathfinder 1 and 2 more than a little daunting. Getting the Lore Achievements and even the Explorer Achievements are not unreasonable, but I find the Rep Grind (especially since it’s time gated) VERY over the top. Since the wait is so long for 9.1, I wanted to get past at least BfA pathfinder. Could you please consider dropping the Azerothian Diplomat requirement from BfA pathfinder? Thank You!

4 Likes

This is such terrible bait…

3 Likes

I wish they’d drop pathfinder from BfA all together. But even if they did. I still wouldn’t go back and do that content for any reason.

I can’t stand that Gnome island or the pit of Naga suck. Both those zones give me instant headaches. Yes, I hate them that much.

Oh, and only 75 rep per daily?

Screw that. So even if ALL requirements for flying in BFA were dropped. I still wouldn’t go back there. Never going to get flying unlocked there and will never unlock Vulpera or MechaGnomes. If I can’t even stomach revered. No way possible will Exalted ever happen.

2 Likes

Goes by quick luv. I did all the PF reps when reputation was still a requirement for WoD and Legion. Keep at it daily and it’ll go by in no time.

1 Like

You have time for fourteen characters but not for an achievement that benefits them all?!

8 Likes

You had never played BFA yet you are posting on a Dark Iron Dorf…

(toddles off in confusion to search for more caffeine)

:cookie:
:coffee:

14 Likes

Focus one character and get it done. When I had returned in BFA, I had been gone for about 8 years. I wanted flight in legion so I spent the time running the area and completing stuff to unlock it. You can get it done as well. It sounds like your time is split between too many characters.

No, do the grind just as everyone else did before you

Be grateful they gave you flying in WoD and Legion as they too has dreadful grinds

There was an event for 100%! (Or 200%) rep in all of BfA zones, Legion and Draenor for months and months. It was easy as hell to get pathfinder then. You have no excuse.

1 Like

K? Who needs to know all this?

2 Likes

Except the excuse of not being active during those months and months?

2 Likes

I would wait for one more xpc they will prolly give it for free

Your loss I guess. You aren’t entitled to free stuff just because you decided not to play when pathfinder was readily available. Work for it like everyone else has or don’t, but you have no reason whatsoever to complain about this.

Edit - this is addressing the OP.

1 Like

Dark Iron Dwarf.

You are so right.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

It doesn’t. It goes really slow. I joined BfA mid-expansion. 75 rep per quest was really slow. And I agree with the comments on nazjatar and mechagon.

1 Like

No it isn’t. There a several ways to boost rep gain, from holidays to DMF to contracts that last days. And if there is a human in that stable of alts, even better. The rep is revered, for crying out loud. You nearly get that just from questing in the zone.

It will take maybe 2-3 weeks.

2 Likes

Your memory is short. The contracts are hideously expensive, give only a tiny extra rep, and last only a few days. But most people have short memories when it comes to things like rep they earned while playing in current content anyway, so I wouldn’t expect you to have any empathy with the OP or even the vaguest memory of what it was like at the time.

Nope. You don’t. But keep making it up as you go because it makes you feel superior to someone who feels like they’re stuck in old content.

1 Like

you seem very angry.

not sure why.

it looks like all you do is rp anyway.

why do you need flight for that?

thankfully, there are constant events which grant additional reputation.
…take advantage of them?

1 Like

I didn’t do flying in WoD and it was fine. Got flying in Legion because of a fluke. Didn’t get flying in BfA and probably won’t get flying in SL. Zones just aren’t big enough to justify the grind or make me want to do it.

1 Like

If RP is all I did, even more reason to fly. Flight gives you access to the entire zone. Not just the trails and questing areas. Flying allows you to find all the hidden gems of a zone. Flying is off the beaten path. It allows you to find exotic locations for Screen shots or meeting areas or areas for RP events. Flying to locations that have no reason to go there other than “it exist” is the best reason to explore than some achievement gained because you “discovered” a designated area of the map.

What’s over there? What’s over here? What’s up there? What’s down there?

When you are grounded, you can’t answer those question.

A steep incline shouldn’t be the limit to what you can see in game.

1 Like