Bfa is at 8.2. How do we feel about surv hunter

I play it for giggles, but if I want to do any real content its always Beast Master solo or Marks in groups. I finally got 3 Azerite Armor that have both Rapid Fire traits, so for a brief moment at the start of every fight I have 128,000 damage Rapid Fire followed by two smaller 64,000 damage Rapid Fires. Its a fun opener to say the least.

How about a survival hunter that uses both melee and ranged. I know itā€™s comparable to the combat rogue spec but it would be a stronger emphasis on the ranged part.

1 Like

That is what we have now. How about actually playing survival?

But no. Not stronger emphasis on ranged. Most of us like the melee aspect. We just need more utility.

1 Like

So, when did you play Surv, exactly? WotLK?

MoP/WoD Surv was definitely its own thing. Donā€™t rewrite history, lmao.

11 Likes

https://gotwarcraft.com/survival-hunter/#rotation

How about you actually go back and look, instead of putting on Nostalgia goggles from 5 years ago?

They removed Serpent Sting in WoD, and it was automatically applied. Disregarding talents you picked in Marksman, you pretty much had the same rotation, except the substitutions I mentioned. (And Cobra Shot to build focus instead of Steady Shot) Survival was literally Marksman with differently named skills. There is a reason they revamped it, to give it its own identity, and thus brought it back to its vanilla melee roots.

(And Kill Shot was removed from Survival in WoD, but thatā€™s a minor thing, cause it only affected part of the fight rotation)

But please, keep telling me how I donā€™t know the class Iā€™ve played for almost 15 years.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed melee Survival in Legion, and plan on maining it again in 9.0, so I really hope it sticks aroundā€¦

Itā€™s easy to gatekeep my opinion, but!

Itā€™s my favorite melee spec in the game and easily top 3 out of all of specs. I have 4 level 120s, and two of them are Survival Hunters.

Iā€™m sad that it cost some peopleā€™s spec to become melee and hope in the future maybe they can add a 4th or work itā€™s way into MM talents.

I really wish I could talent Serpent Sting into a gun instead of a crossbow.

2 Likes

Survival hunter only has 1. Possibly 2 melee attacks now

1 Like

Yeah that is true now that I think about it.

Raptor/Mongoose and Carve are the only attacks that have to be done in melee range.

And we have Aspect of the Eagle that makes Raptor/Mongoose Ranged for 15 seconds, lol.

1 Like

Liked it better in Legion but Iā€™m still having fun playing it as my main spec.

Though some dual wield 1h options would be nice, oh and I would love it if they lost the pistol crossbow for something more primitive (blow darts, bolas, etc)

2 Likes

One of the best melee specs

1 Like

Love it! One of the best melee specs for PvP. Right up there with UDK and Sin.

Iā€™d love Lonewolf for SV, although it would be ridiculously problematic to have, lol.

Iā€™d like some dot consolidation. Perhaps making Guerilla Tactics apply both bombsā€¦

Also I would like permanent camo for ONE Hunter spec. In my opinion it would be best for SV>MM>BM.

O and I see a ton of SV hunters, not sure I believe their representation is low.

1 Like

Looks like Iā€™m going to ruin a couple peopleā€™s days when I get to a computer.

9 Likes

i tried surv for a while and while its not for me, with some further expanding it could probably be the best spec for hunter bc beast mastery is for stun and looks and mm is just waiting for double tap and aimed shot(or the idiots who pick barrage wait for that)

Survival hunter is amazing. Itā€™s violent. Has great mobility.
Harpoon into a pack of mobs, blow a bomb in their face, disengage out. Love it.

who let you off the hunter forums? 0.o

this thread about to get nasty.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t tried it much because I prefer range but my friend is loving it and he tends to out dps people far above his gear.

are you a race change? how did you get that name on a warrior on a hmt? lol

Occassionally they open names that havenā€™t been used in years.

1 Like