BFA Dungeons Seem Insanely Out of Tune

Trying these thing as a tank (who currently has a full set of heirlooms, but formerly had full heroic Legion gear), I am being destroyed. I’ve had an easier time doing Dragonflight M0s than trying to level via BFA dungeons on an alt. Maybe the dungeon’s numbers are too high or maybe the entry BFA ilvl gear numbers are too low, but something seems really off at the BFA dungeon level.

4 Likes

third boss of shrine was impossible the other day on my alt, yea the numbers are messed up

Bfas dungeons arent the only ones. When slands launched legions black rook hold and vault of the wardens was a nightmare.

Leveling my mist monk at the time and it was horrible. Same with my vengeance dh.

Go into chromie time and pick a different era. Draenor, MoP, and Legion usu have ppl. Legion’s are p the easiest w/scaling (easier than they were live).

This is a known issue. The BFA ones are all beatable but with scaling much more difficult than they were originally (on normal) and than other leveling dungeons in chromie time. By a lot

The timing is messed up on the Orb / MC mechanics. They’re supposed to always go out at roughly the same time so you always have orbs to deal with the MC. But that’s not been happening.

Working strat for that boss until something changes:
1st MC: Treat normally. It lines up.
2nd MC: Orbs come out literally last second – not feasible. MC drowns in lightning pool until it breaks instead. Save the orbs.
3rd MC: Orbs come WAY late (like, post-MC cast finishing). Use the 5 leftover from skipping 2nd MC’s Orbs. If people ate them on accident, MC drowns in lightning pool again.

Basically, anytime the normal mechanic isn’t working (or if the orbs don’t finish it for whatever weird scaling reason), MC needs to take damage via other means, the lightning pool behind the boss is just meant to block you from skipping him, but it works for the MC mechanic as long as you swim below the surface (like, an inch is fine). Player damage will never be enough to make up for no orbs.

Alternatively, the MC just jumps off the ledge immediately, but if you’re quick about it you can survive getting out of the lightning pool when the MC breaks. Can’t survive jumping into the void.

Anyway, it’s not super hard, but given it’s in the dungeon set intended for brand new players, it’s pretty damn broken right now and getting that fight to “work” is asking a lot of new players.

Also, until someone has done it a couple times, they’re almost guaranteed to die to the lightning pool anyway, its damage comes FAST. It’s just that a death because someone new to that particular workaround was too slow is better than a wipe.

1 Like