Beware about your Collector's edition delivery

UPDATED:
Fedex contacted me again and they complained about Blizzard gear store as well.
Here is Taiwan Fedex.
They told me Blizzard gear store didn’t provide contact information other than address.
And the invoice or detail to clear the customs are also completely absent.
Now Fedex want me to provide what is inside and they are trying to clear the custom.
Fedex also mentioned the procedure are pretty standard and they just cannot believe it is from a big international company (they thought is from in-experienced personal seller at the beginning).

Gosh I just realized Torghast is real. Why me, an end-user need to help Blizzard gear store to go over these because of their fault.

If you asked Blizzard Gear Store about the detail of delivery, they will give you following instruction:

We would like to inform you that the game will arrive a few days before November 28 that means that all the customers will have their orders at home at the time of the game’s launch. The preorder has already started to get shipped in many cases so you should be receiving it very soon, yet we cannot give you an estimated date for that because it would depend on the warehouse.

You will receive an email confirmation once the package is on the way, with a tracking number for you to follow the shipping.

Then you may keep waiting and checking the mailbox.
But beware! especially if you order from oversea.

Today Fedex contacted me and suddely I realized something went wrong,

I checked the number Fedex provided, and realized it has been delivered since 8th, Nov.
And because the provided contact information is not completed or faulty, the cargo stuck at custom.

That mean:

1. Blizzard gear store won’t update the status, so even your collector’s edition had been shipped, you would have never known.
  2. No matter how accurate your address and contact information you left on gear store, and how many times you check, it could be completely faulty.

After I contacted Fedex local service, they said the phone number I provided is completely wrong and Fedex give me a string of number not on my account or the order information.

It might not be gear store’s fault (US Fedex also handled this as well), just be careful, it might not be shipped and handled as the way you were familiar.

4 Likes

I got mine nearly a week ago. I’m in the U.S. so customs wasn’t an issue but I also did not get any notification of delivery. That is until two days ago when I got an email with tracking numbers just like you did and it showed that it was already delivered. The whole situation seems a little backwards. If I wasn’t home I might never have received it at all as the FedEx guy left it at my door.

3 Likes