Between the eyes going on cooldown while it shouldn't

On the same actionbar slot (keybind 2) I have Dispatch out of stealth, and Between the Eyes in Stealth. This means that whenever I’m in a stealth window I have BtE, and whenever I’m out of the window I’m using dispatch. In theory this should work. I can’t ever press BtE when I’m not in a stealth window.

Yet somehow it still goes on cooldown…

It should be literally impossible to happen, yet it happens.

3 Likes

It’s mainly bugged when you go out of combat from killing a mob with BTE, restealthing and then using BTE again. There’s some sort of interaction that breaks with subterfuge, crackshot and UHUH.

2 Likes

Maybe that too, but this issue is in particular that even with 180ms instead of 400ms spell queue, it will sometimes still use BtE after the window ended, despite not even being available on the bar as it swapped to the normal bar.

1 Like

Then you’re talking about stance lag problem. Our inputs are calculated by clients side, (hence why you get the you cannot do that sometimes if you spam ambush during the 0-1 second window).

Then it’s verified on the server side, hence why the BTE goes on cd. Because there’s lag between server and client, you don’t get given stealth on those. All stances have lag that still hasn’t been fixed.

It’s easily provable with a shadow dance/BTE macro.
Macro
/cast shadow dance
/cast Between the eyes

1. have CPs
  2. cast the macro when not on the GCD.
  3. BTE goes on CD

The expected is that you are given crackshot BTE but the reality is shadow dance stance isn’t given for like .1 seconds.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know what the problem is, I’m just going to keep reporting bugs until they fix it. I’m tired of this still being an issue.

2 Likes

does 1 month count as a necro? this is really annoying I hope it gets fixed

Good luck, stance delay has been a thing since vanilla. I just assume its basically part of the game engine at this point. I don’t think it will ever be fixed. I’d highly recommend just learning to play the last gcd window of crackshot and not relying on stance swapping to play the game for you :stuck_out_tongue:

Came to say same because wth.
Just spec’d into this and get a CD on second use. I was confused as hell.

1 Like

what does stance delay have to do with the CD triggering when spec’d into no CD?

We were referring to going on cd by casting it outside stealth due to stance delay at the end of a crackshot window.

Theres also a few bugs that can cause your subterfuge to cancel or crackshot to not apply causing Bte to go on cd though.

To list a few from the rogue discord:

Breaking Stealth or Vanish with a trinket will not grant Subterfuge.

Recasting Stealth while Subterfuge is already active will not grant you UHUH or Crackshot bonuses until Subterfuge expires.

Casting Vanish/Dance very shortly after a previous Subterfuge/Dance ends (like within 0-0.009s?) will cause Crackshot to not activate.

2 Likes

This is exactly the bug here. I can re-produce it every time by overlapping vanish windows with subterfuge windows and subterfuge/dance

1 Like

It is a well known bug. Just have to wait for a fix at some point aka war within expansion.

:surfing_woman: :man_surfing: