Better start picking out your favorite 7 characters for the book mount

This guy gets it. But I do wonder if:

Is true. “Tightly” balanced solo content like this likely requires a certain minimum of abilities be available to the player. I’m guessing if it does scale down, it probably won’t scale down very far.

What specs get that?

thank god my rogue and priest alone cover 6. just need a tank character

Very likely you’ll have to at least be max level.

By scaled down I meant power level. The only things they might not let you use are current Legendaries and the Heart of Azeroth. But likely can still use your current Legendary, covenant things, and abilities/talents.

You got a Warlock it looks like though so you should be fine. :slight_smile:

Ok, yeah, I misread that. We will scale down to Legion power levels. I was here thinking the boss levels would scale down to lower levels for non-max level players. Which would be crazy. I’d probably be interesting to try doing the tank ones at like level 40. lol

Edit:

Damn, that’s right. Time to level up my old rogue and priest.

1 Like

I sure hope i get the achievement if I already did them. Cause I did 6 out of the 7 when they where live.

The only reason I’m coming back is for werebear and I’ll gear him up from 210 to whatever I need.

However if I have to start fresh and do ALL 7 again I’m not doing it.

Just werebear and the twins on my balance so I won’t have to hear another character.

Priest or druid are easiest to learn.

1 Like

Yep I decided on priest, that way I can cover the disc challenge too. Gonna load one up later and get to leveling. :slight_smile:

Yeap he’s getting leveled for sure for that sexy mog

It will go so well with my legion mage tower scythe.

1 Like

Only doing two myself, book mount isn’t my thing.

They’re normalizing power in it. Reading is difficult, I know.

I would pick shaman, IMO the most straightforward of the healers.

As I recall, the disc challenge was laughably easy.

I’m a mount collector. And I want four of the mogs anyways so I might as well.

1 Like

idc about mounts all i use are store mounts mount as reward is garbage after 17yrs. recolors of mogs aint exciting either least it will keep people subbed for awhile doing it for completionists.

I really want that Soaring Spell Tome.

I just hope while they are retuning, they remember they removed interrupts from every healer except Shaman.

1 Like

I’ve been playing as a resto druid for over a decade, and I’m absolutely gutted by this.

The Timewalking Mage Tower Challenges may be the same as those that players experienced in Legion, but the rewards will be different. When the Mage Tower closed at the end of Legion, it was firmly established that those rewards would become unavailable. Many players pushed themselves to collect all the appearances they could before the tower closed. Reintroducing those same appearances now would diminish those players’ accomplishment, so success in a Mage Tower challenge will now award a Legion-themed armor set for your class.

It was also firmly established that we couldn’t use the appearances without the artifact weapon equipped AND without being in feral spec. I can’t believe we’re even entertaining this preposterous notion that players were making an informed choice at the time. I decided not to do the feral mage tower because I didn’t play feral, and there was no way for me to use the appearances otherwise. It wasn’t until YEARS LATER, at the end of the BFA in the Shadowlands pre-patch, that they introduced the ability to transmog those appearances. For them to say ‘oh well you knew you were giving up this awesome transmog’ is so absurd as to border on insulting.

During Legion, the Mage Tower awarded most specs a new weapon appearance, yet players who missed earning those still have countless other admirable weapon transmogs to collect across the whole of the game. But for Guardian druids, the Mage Tower prize was an alternate bear form with a unique silhouette and animations. There is simply nothing else like it in the game. For years, we’ve heard feedback from druid players who are frustrated that something so transformative is no longer available, and we agree.

But not the feral forms? What?

The extra knife twist, for me personally anyway, is that I farmed the toy to use the “flamekitty” form FOR OVER A YEAR before it dropped. I finally got it in BFA. Then, in the SL pre-patch, they changed it so that anyone who looted the staff could use it.

[edit]

Many players pushed themselves to collect all the appearances they could before the tower closed.

Many players didn’t because WE WERE TOLD WE COULDN’T USE THEM CROSS-SPEC AND WITHOUT THE ARTIFACT EQUIPPED.

And as for this…

Reintroducing those same appearances now would diminish those players’ accomplishment

I’m in awe. THEN WHY ARE ANY OF THE TRANSMOGS FROM PRIOR RAIDS OR DUNGEONS AVAILABLE?!!?!?!?!

3 Likes

hope it doesn’t require 7 characters, since i dont’ play any alts lol