Better start picking out your favorite 7 characters for the book mount

you don’t need 7 characters, you just need enough characters to complete the 7 different challenges.

7 Likes

Mage, priest and DH looks like it will cover all of them. That is the route I will likely go with.

1 Like

Mage Tower is for players far better than I. The last time they had it, I remember finally getting through it on one character. That was enough for me. I doubt I’ll even bother with it again.

1 Like

I used to do a lot of timewalking. Having high level gear from the current expansion doesn’t mean as much as getting the right gear with the right stats for when you are scaled down.

There used to be someone who knew much more than me and made a lot of Timewalking twinks but still, if you really want to prepare look into items and trinkets that are good when you are scaled down, not good max level items.

1 Like

I have Druid Hunter and Dk. Wonder if that will cover them all avoiding survival. (I swore I’d never play it when they took away ranger survival)

2 Likes

they’re not going to be that hard.
think LFR levels of difficulty, imo. They want people to get them - and we won’t be able to overpower them with gear… so they’re not going to tune them out of reach of most players.

1 Like

So I’ll have them all day one and a book mount as well. Lovely

I wonder if you “could” out gear them, say by farming Legion Mythic Raids to get the best gear from that xpac. Would mean Blizz could double dip on content since players would be doing Legion raids AND the Mage Tower. Is that Blizz that diabolical?

That fel bear looks awesome!

1 Like

I am going to put this thread on mute, only because if I hear anything more about mounts and timewalking I will be tempted to play retail again and fall down the rabbit hole of mount collecting.

Must not fall into that hole again. Must not fall into that hole again. I have enough mounts. I have enough mounts.

Looks like you’re just missing one, the God-Queens Fury.

This guy gets it. But I do wonder if:

Is true. “Tightly” balanced solo content like this likely requires a certain minimum of abilities be available to the player. I’m guessing if it does scale down, it probably won’t scale down very far.

What specs get that?

thank god my rogue and priest alone cover 6. just need a tank character

Very likely you’ll have to at least be max level.

By scaled down I meant power level. The only things they might not let you use are current Legendaries and the Heart of Azeroth. But likely can still use your current Legendary, covenant things, and abilities/talents.

You got a Warlock it looks like though so you should be fine. :slight_smile:

Ok, yeah, I misread that. We will scale down to Legion power levels. I was here thinking the boss levels would scale down to lower levels for non-max level players. Which would be crazy. I’d probably be interesting to try doing the tank ones at like level 40. lol

Edit:

Damn, that’s right. Time to level up my old rogue and priest.

1 Like

I sure hope i get the achievement if I already did them. Cause I did 6 out of the 7 when they where live.

The only reason I’m coming back is for werebear and I’ll gear him up from 210 to whatever I need.

However if I have to start fresh and do ALL 7 again I’m not doing it.

Just werebear and the twins on my balance so I won’t have to hear another character.

Priest or druid are easiest to learn.

1 Like