Better community

Honestly, that wasn’t was was being originally requested. Let me quote from the BTags thread

5 Likes

This’ll only serve to encourage witch hunting.

Polarizing the community further.

1 Like

At the same time, giving people that option would be more secure and private than anything that involves a character-server combo.

1 Like

Perfect example. I have a mage that I post about how fun our 69 button rotation is. I’d like to still be able to do that. When I do it now and swap back, it kinda separates me from that post. With Btags (I’d hope) I’d still se it regardless.

1 Like

I don’t care this way is better.

As I’ve said many times, I’m very much against full battletags. It just creates the ability for harassment.

I’m in favor of partial battletags.

It allows us to remove sockpuppeting, but prevents harassment. Everyone wins.

For instance, in that example you posted, it would show “Ayukama#12XXX” instead of 12345. If someone else one day came along that had “Ayukama12XXX” as well, then you would become “Ayukama123XX” and they would become “Ayukama124XX” (assuming 4 was their next digit)

Anyone who is against partial battletags and believes the only true answer is full battletags only wants to harass, and you can’t convince me otherwise.

1 Like

If you’re going to bring out this line, prove that it is possible.

Or just stop lying.

1 Like

But how does it create any sort of harassment Maizou? This is something nobody has been able to explain, but at the same time, has been countered with arguments where people will have more control. Compared to the character-server system.

Character-Server BattleTags
Able to message you at any time Must be friends before messaging
Able to add your character without knowledge You’ll recieve a friends request, in which you’ll have a choice between accepting or declining
Able to track which zone of the character you’re on, if on the character Not able to track your characters in which zone they’re on, not unless they are friends with you first.
Able to send you in-game mail Can’t send any in-game mail, not unless they have your character-server and see if online, only if friends, once again.
Able to block an entire account via a toon only Able to block the entire account, regardless

So, if someone can give a full detailed reason to how harassment will happen with BattleTags, then please, but do keep it with also backed up facts.

3 Likes

If they have a second account they can get your details through that 2nd account by impersonating as someone else.

1 Like

I keep forgetting to check in regularly here since the title doesn’t actively remind me, even though this is in my bookmarks. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

Anyway, yesterday’s poll and the likely deluge of garbage to come today on Sunday are evidence why we need a unified forum account - possibly Btags, as they would be easiest to implement. Rather than giving people essentially 160 separate ‘accounts’ due to how the forums treat characters.

I’m just going to point out that people can already send maizou btag friends requests without knowing their btag (and in the process, discover it) if the want to (I don’t know why you would, but that’s neither here nor there)

3 Likes

Toxic is a word that should be reserved for describing a type of waste. Using it outside of that context is cringe-inducing.

People can already witch hunt, use in game mail to harass, and whisper you on multiple throw away characters in game. This is right now without Btags.

I mean you can do things already without knowing a Btag.

I can add each character a person post with to my in game ignore list manually. (needs to be account wide).

Imgur

Just type in character - server and your set to go, all you need to do is hover over the character icon or quote to see what server they are on.

See no Btag required, I think you would have to do this for each character and only block that specific character.

Simple solution don’t post with your main, post on an alt that you don’t play anymore and don’t sockpuppet. People only check your character only if they suspect sockpuppeteering.

I wanted to add this to the thread that was locked, I’m assuming this thread is on a 30 day deletion timer, but I wanted folks to know that this is somewhat solutionable to ignore people in game without Btags.

But, yeah the in game ignore needs updating too.

Oh I am sorry. I will never use that word again since you informed me on how you feel.

Thank you. Take care.

This is one of the top things I want to see ended w a solution from blizzard & once again I’ll just say the easiest route seems to be battle tags to get that end result.

As far as partial battle tags I’m a bit cautious bcz of how unhinged some of the WoW community is when it comes to stalking / impersonating in that they could simply name themselves the same battle tag but bcz we can’t see the full battle tag they could look like they were impersonating you. So if not full battle tags as the solution at that point id rather the alternative idea from people who want a solid forum account which seems extra work.

Ehh, I also check sockpuppeting if they post something egregiously stupid.

2 Likes

Assuming it will work the same way it works on the forums for all other blizzard games, the numbers would go where your server is now.

So i’d be able to see what the numbers are, in the exact same place where I can see that you’re toon is on Wyrmrest Accord.

My point was more to Maizous alternative of partial battle tags.

I was saying bcz we wouldn’t be able to see in total that someone could if they wanted try to impersonate you still to some degree which some parts of the WoW community are very unhinged & like that I’ve experienced that myself my friends have experienced that some people are varying levels of unhinged & sock puppets are just one aspect of that.

That being said again my point was to Maizous alternative, like for me I prefer a full battle tag route, but for Maizous point I was saying my alternative to battle tags would preferably be then a forum ID account.

Ok question .
How does it create the ability for harrasment since other Blizzard Forums use them?

Let’s be honest if they were being used to harrass people someone or some site like wowhead would of had an article about it by now.

As for the number part of Btags they are randomly generated and in the other forums don’t appear unless you mouse over the name and then they appear in the bottom left of the screen like char-serv does in here.

3 Likes

Unironically using any variation of ‘cringe’ is cringe-inducing. In this context, toxic is apt and descriptive.