Beta/Stress Test: Read Before Posting

That’s where the confusion is coming from. With the new bnet update, everyone sees it and can view the inactive realm list game time or not

Interesting that there are so many Beta servers now. When before there were just the 2 there’s now 10? Is it possible they’re preparing for an open beta after tomorrow’s stress test or are these just here to handle the load of tomorrow with it being a much bigger stress.

I imagine it’s mostly just for tomorrow and it’s wishful thinking at this point to still receive Beta access, but a man can dream!

Nothing wrong with dreaming, but realistically it was done because it’s an open stress test now. Which could traffic anywhere between a hundred thousand to a million. I personally feel it’s too many servers considering it’s a stress test and a lot of people don’t care about helping benefit the game. I hope there’s enough traffic spread out between the servers to properly gather data, since the stress test participants will pale in comparison to launch night itself.

It is sort of odd as is it showing up as live but maybe that is going to save everyone from downloading it again for when it goes live.

Indeed, hence why in my OP I mentioned not uninstalling the LIVE client of Classic after the stress test ends. It’s highly likely they’ll build it up to be the launch platform. So. It’ll be kept and updated and ready for launch.

Update for Blue information.

1 Like

Points up

/\

Thanks…

I added this link to the top of my OP for ease of access, thank you for posting it in here :heart:

1 Like

No sub here, but I got the option and I can log into the server list which all says offline.

Yup. As said above, if Blizzard is enforcing what they said and requiring a sub, it’ll occur when you try to log into the server itself/make a character and will bar you.

There is a chance you’ll be able to play, the best way to find out is to wait for it to start and to try and make a character and log into it.

No not anymore, but when they were first going out for the first stress test.
It doesn’t say “Beta & Stress Test” anymore and hasn’t for a while.

It’s an unfortunate method in handling it that causes confusion, hence why I made this thread to try and help people from said confusion, and to help us all from getting spammed with “WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?!” threads and posts through other threads. Sadly, it won’t work for everyone because so many people just post without reading anything at all, but it can at least trim it down.

It was unfortunate, and I could see how it would lead to a lot of confusion, especially with all the hype around Classic and the Beta, people getting in or not etc.
Anyway, I think it’s a great idea that you decided to do this and I hope it helps people.

1 Like

Thank you bunches :slight_smile:

Also, I will keep replying to most of the posts in this thread at least for a few more hours to try and keep it bumped up the line and still relevant as people come home from work and such and see this to help them see it and preemptively answer their questions. And thank you all for the help and contributions of information, I rely on these forums and my personal encounters for all of it, and I’ll keep it up to date as things change ^^

1 Like

So happy that classic will be online. I came back from a 3 years break and I can’t really get around this new wow stuff. This brings so many good memories back and all the grinding and farming time.

1 Like

Folks if your installing Addons for the stress test you need to put them inside -

World of Warcraft -> _classic_ -> Interface -> Addons

1 Like

Instructions not clear, installed BFA.

The download is 420mb lmao I like the devs working on Classic they’ve got humor

Finally got a chance to download. I find something interesting. So I have two WoW accounts attached to my battle net. And then also the starter edition. And I can select all three and login and see the server list. I guess that means I could play three characters at once in the stress test. Yet I only have an active sub on one.

So I also have Beta: World of Warcraft Classic under In Development but it’s greyed out. Why’s that there, just to tease me Blizz? Lol.