Beta revoked

Is there a way some of these were done in error? Id at least like to know the name that triggered it. I made one asspedo like torpedo but i deleted them day one so that would suck to lose access two weeks later.

read that 1st name and ask yourself, really ask yourself, if that name is okay.

10 Likes

Funny you post this, I just got “suspended” from Beta as well.

I didn’t do any “offensive” names, I literally just had a character named “Garrosh Fan” that sat on my account there.

Every other character was like “Wildberry Wildberry” “Strawberry Strawberry” “Mochi Mochi” etc.

2 Likes

Yea i also just got banned for a offensive name that i dont even know what it could be. All RP type names for my characters.

1 Like

same got the suspension minutes ago all my characters have safe name , symbolic of the class DRUID name Shifty Naga, Rogue named Sneaky Naga, Spriest named Shady Naga, Warrior named Koa Naga koa is hawain for warrior none of my names were obscene in any way . is Naga a banned word in WoW?

2 Likes

I can see why yours were banned, even though that’s the name of a mob in the game.

1 Like

I want answers of how this was “far outside the code of conduct” this isn’t offensive to anyone except a collect a call commercial from the 90s? Reading some of the other super offensive names then reading my email i was quite shocked. “Hadababy EatsAboi”

why ? , i picked a race in the game to symbolize my desire to have them as a playable class If Naga is offensive Blizz needs to remover them from the game

as a general rule you probably shouldn’t name a character something that a race in wow wouldn’t name one of their children.

bro. really bro. I think you know it is in more ways than one.

I think I see why yours got hit.. the last names could very easily be read as something else, despite being the name of mobs in the game. you may not have intended for them to be read that way, but that’s what most likely happened. sorry :slightly_frowning_face:

okay…if not intended, being nice, naga has been used as wow speak for another N word.

Common enough…we have to flips coin to see if trolling or not.

Its like in eve. there is race called minmatar. One variety of them is called brutor. famed for being the dark skinned version of the race.

To a non eve player if I were to say Brutor please…they’d go wth is that dude saying.

I say that around eve players they are going…so original, replaced a slur with brutor. Never seen that that one before /s.

I have a friend who has the surname Asevedo It is quite literally a play on his last name.

Years of Trade chat using that is likely.

2 Likes

alright I’ll make it easier for you. the name you said, it 2 words put together. separately, both of those words are offensive as names. together they’re even worse. its not at all hard to see why.

1 Like

I just got banned for the name ‘Federal Informant’

Looks like they just did a big ai ban wave

1 Like

Blizzard hires government employees. Maybe you made one of them mad.

Yes and once i put that together versus his name i deleted the character. it couldnt have even been on for 2 hours.

All these obvious ones getting banned and they backpeddle like “Teehee I didn’t do anything wrong! Just a joke brah. I didnt mean it LIKE THAT.”

Yes.

Yes you did.

3 Likes

it’s better to get your hand slapped in beta than to nuke your entire wow account once it’s live. they think they’re being clever. being cute. but it’s against ToS and they’re being rightfully punished.

2 Likes

So, from the other thread:

tl;dr: I found I accidentally hit ‘Print Screen’ and took a screenshot of my character list.

The characters I’ve made since that screenshot was taken? “Mochi Mochi” and “Strawberry Strawberry”

There is literally not a single “offensive” ToS-violating name on there.