Beta players are already abusing layering

other solution: if the layer isn’t your assigned session layer, you can only loot quest objectives, so unless that lotus or skin is a quest objective, you wont be able to skin it/herb it. … or in the case of ores, rares and whatnot, mine it, loot it.

3 Likes

That would be a good solution, only able to extract resources from your assigned layer on first login for the day.

Still going to mess up having X layers of resources hitting the AH, but again its supposed to be a limited time issue.

yeah layering is gonna mess everything up. should just have permanent assigned layers that the players choose from server selection. like stormrage blue, stormrage red, stormrage green. pick one. invite friends to make chars on yours.

3 Likes

I think, for limitation of at least layer jumping, assigning a primary layer that you can get resources from and denying all other layer resources, would be a decent solution.

3 Likes

I haven’t been keeping up with the latest news, but is layering just the word Actiblizz is using for Sharding? Sounds like I shouldn’t get my hopes up to play this game.

3 Likes

Or get behind actually making it so the exploits aren’t effective. Layering is happening whether we want it or not.

2 Likes

Blizzard will do what they see is best, i cant imagine they liked the idea of layering in the first place. A lot of the charm in vanilla was all the players around you, blizzard knows that.

1 Like

layering is where the entire continent is one big shard, instead of area sharding or zone sharding. this means you can run all over kalimdor with another ungrouped player and still see them no matter how many zones you cross over to. it only changes when you take the boat to a different continent, like eastern kingdoms. also its session specific. it will remain on that layer till you relog or dc. and you may still get put back on the same layer.

it also makes it so if you have friends/family on same server but different layer, you can invite them to group but you cant do so if they are on another realm, so no cross realm grouping. they are also looking into making it so all members of the same guild, will always be on the same layer together

the server will have a shared character name database, so when all the layers merge at the end of phase 1, there wont be forced name changes, as the name you choose will be checked against the names of all the existing players on the various layers of that server.

Is the issue with layering though? It seems like the issue is with being able to force a layer change.

1 Like

Most servers aren’t even going to keep layering for very long. Its just a way for servers to expand their capacity for the initial rush, when there’s 50-100 players in a zone instead of 5000 it won’t be necessary.

So it’s just a modified sharding system then? Looks like there’s no point in coming back here for a game I won’t be playing then. Later guys.

3 Likes

well people wont be popping in and out of existence. you’ll be able to form big wpvp battles, in fact, we were doing it on the beta stress test. the big draw back is that someone can get invited to another layer and farm resources from as many layers as is available for that realm. some suggested that they make it so you can only loot quest objectives if not on your assigned layer.

anyway, this will all be over by the end of phase 1. then if some servers are still too overpopulated, layers will be pulled out and made into their own server realms.

That is a pure and unadulterated joke.
Look at the previous beta tests and say that again.
I spent hours finding bugs, glitches and issues with WoD and reported them.
Just look at the previous forums and thousand of posts about issues we found, oh wait…you can’t. Blizz deleted them.

3 Likes

In fairness, WoW has a less than stellar track record of actually fixing these type of issues.

5 Likes

trolls trolling trolls! :rofl:

This is your first beta, isn’t it?

3 Likes

Doesn’t matter about previous, the definition of beta test doesn’t change because one company is incompetent and can’t fix.

:thinking: Yeah, you right. Been here since as long I can remember, but it’s the first. True they’ve screwed over retail for the last few years, but I can say they’ve so far put a lot of love and effort into what we’ve wanted with Vanilla. Even still, beta doesn’t lose definition because of one company.

1 Like

I agree, they should completely remove layering. Server lag and almost daily crashes were the true classic experience. They should also shut em down all day every Tues, 1/2 a day every Wed, and several hours on Sat and Sun to really bring it back to 2004.

We can throw around definitions all day long but I’ve seen how the last handful of beta’s have gone. You’re 100% trolling if you’re going to sit there and try to say that Blizzard has used beta as an actual beta instead of just an advertisement for the next expansion since the WoD beta.

2 Likes

Trolling because they have used beta to fix stuff lol okay buddy pal. I never said they didn’t use it that way, but stuff still gets reported, you know. Beta stuff. Feedback. They’ve shown they’ve been listening for this project, and you can’t deny it.