Beta players are already abusing layering

So today there was a clip with 45k views on Twitch of Monkey News, a popular streamer, exploiting layering. For those that don’t care to go and watch what happens is this: He mines a node on his main character until it’s depleted. Then he switches over to a random low level alt to reset his layer. Once we re-logs back onto his main he’s in a new layer with the mining node re-spawned. He proceeds to mine it and get double the ore he would’ve gotten originally.

I really hope Blizzard changes their mind about layering. I really think this isn’t good for the game and this clearly demonstrates one big reason why. I hope they come up with an alternative solution to address the server problems that doesn’t involve layering, sharding, or whatever new word they come up with to disguise this technology.

Tbh even if they have to resort to something not as effective as layering to solve the problems I say some server goofs at the start of Classic would honestly not be that bad and actually in a funny way make it feel more like Classic.
Lastly, I’m just going to be honest, I’d rather play a private server than WoW Classic with layering in this current form.

63 Likes

Are you joking? Did you see some of those servers even with layering? My dude, you can’t be serious right now.

9 Likes

BETA players are ABUSING? No way…

4 Likes

Yes I’m completely serious. Are you serious?

id you see some of those servers even with layering?

You do realize they only had ONE server up to test the layering, right?

One server for the tens of thousands who came in to the stress test. It was intended to be that way, hence the name STRESS TEST.

Get in the know of what’s going on before you make a post like that next time.

8 Likes

Learn what BETA is for. It’s for finding stuff like this and attempting to fix it.

20 Likes

What do you think they were testing my dude? They were emulating what a normal server was going to have and test its limits.

There’s no way you’re not a troll unless you are REALLY lost on what their plan is for launch.

2 Likes

Oh, you sweet, sweet summer child. Betas are just demos in which everything is set in stone and a deliberate attempt by Blizzard to ruin your fun. Reporting bugs and problems are for live servers. Everyone knows that.

24 Likes

The entire Classic playerbase is not going to be playing on a single server. And you’re calling me a troll? lol.

5 Likes

Oh shoot Mrs. Gnome, you may have a point. I’m sorry for being a bit foolish as such.

3 Likes

Its not classic youre right its modern classic, some people will just abuse gold farming with alts on the lower population servers.

I didn’t say that…LOLpack it up boys this is a troll

Low pop servers will likely not even have layers.

4 Likes

What do you think they were testing my dude? They were emulating what a normal server was going to have and test its limits.

That’s what you said. You’re saying they’re emulating what a normal server was going to be like… they’re not going to have everyone playing one server on classic like the Stress test. Nice try troll.

7 Likes

Ya you do understand that they controlled the amount of people who they invited right? And then capped the server. They emulated how much people they thought should be on one server. Not everyone who is going to play classic played on the stress test. You do understand this right?

I like this post because most posts are about a streamer not reporting bugs. Now a streamer finds one and this dude raging that he found it lol. What a world what a community.

6 Likes

Someone needs to stop these people finding bugs in the beta. This is NOT what betas are for.

Engage riot.

9 Likes

This isn’t abusing, be happy he is doing this during Beta and letting blizzard see it. Honestly Monkeynews and perplexity are both neckbeard private server players. They were also the ones that showed the long range melee between 2 tauren. People rag on both Pserver people and streamers. Guess what these people are both and are doing a bang on job of beta testing.

9 Likes

its good that we have a beta and he published this, means it will be fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

If people want to sweat and juice the eff out of the game. By all means. Go for it.

This doesn’t affect my character and my gameplay.

good joke. did you say the same thing about BFA during beta?

4 Likes