Beta keys streamers

Hello i just wanted to say that this idea to promote wow streamers by giving them beta key might have work in terms of their popularity but the keys are going into wrong hands…

After participating in many of these giveaways i believe they are just giving keys to people they know and not the actual players. I ADMIT not all are like this but majority is.

The right way to do this was to give out keys via twitch drops like many games have done… It is really a random chance and still has the same wanted outcome and that is increase popularity of wow streamers.

2 Likes

I’d recommend editing your original post (the pencil icon) and that will allow you to move this to the General forums. Customer Support is not involved in the Beta or the keys that are being given away at all.

Your feedback is better suited for the General Discussion forums.

3 Likes

If Blizzard is giving them keys to give out to whomever they want, then that is their choice.

If you want to suggest they do this, you’ll need to post in the General Forum.

I mean, I don’t know what to really tell you. Their key, their choice. Sorry you didn’t get into beta.

Thought pretty much everyone was in the Beta at this point…

1 Like

Don’t let it keep you up at night OP.

This year the streamers had next to nothing to give out for beta keys.

The past expansions they were able to give out like almost a hundred but Blizz were extremely chintzy this expansion.

It was only a select few streamers and in total I think it was 12 per streamer but broken up for each day.

hope next year its 0

1 Like

yeah no. it’s the way you wouldve liked it but saying its the right way is a bit too much :wink:

most people probably dont wanna have to sit on a stoopid twitch channel waiting for drops.

the less twitch drops wow gets the better i feel.

eww.

Glad I got a beta key and didn’t have to beg on twitch.

Except not everyone is on that nonsensical Twit of a feed.

1 Like

Yep. Ive seen this happen a few times before. And plus I never heard of these people and more than likely. Once someone gets a key, if lucky, they’ll just unsub/unfollow

Your belief is irrelevant.

1 Like

Nope,
I don’t have access, but it makes sense not to give me beta since I have said time and again that the theme of this DF expansion doesn’t interest me in the slightest.

And it doesn’t, I have looked at the talent trees and I looked at the first 2 zones that were shown on WoWhead, read about two paragraphs on the Alchemy changes, and haven’t really even bothered looking at anything else.

Nobody I know in game or out even talks about the expansion, at all.
I know some of you all are very hyped and I’m happy for you but it’s been nothing but crickets around here.

i watch a number of streamers who had beta keys to give away and for the most part the keys seemed to be going to people nobody recognized (i.e. people who joined the stream just for the key giveaway). which is fine!

Pepper ridge farm remember when you could load up a beta for almost any game.

Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think that they’re going to be able to fill up an entire server with people wanting to play beta.

Might as well just open it up for anyone to join much like the PTR. What’s the justification for limited beta people?

I understand that the alpha and what not as friends and family kind of as a perk of being in the upper echelons.

:dragon: :ocean::dragon: :ocean::dragon: :ocean:

Beta is not about giving everyone and their mother free reign to down load an play the game pre-release just because they want to play something new. It has always in WoW been about a select % gaining access across a number of weeks and couple months to it ramping up to the ultimate goal by the end to somewhat stress test the very few servers they have online for beta.

And yes if they just open it up to anyone like PTR which they do at some point by putting it on PTR, a very large part of the WoW community would be playing Beta just for the same of playing new material and having nothing to do with actually reporting bugs or giving feed back on content. Which already happens enough as is with the system at hand.

To go back in the past Beta MoP was pretty much fully open Beta, if you paid for 1year Sub you got full access to Beta, and it was a terrible show, and as a reward they tossed in a free copy of Diablo 3 and a mount. I doubt Blizzard will ever make that mistake again.