Beta Feedback Strategy: Enh Survivability

Huh, interesting. Yeah, for me it’s been the opposite haha.

Of course, I am glad your are sharing your perspective :slight_smile:

1 Like

Watching some alpha footage and I’m realizing I misunderstood how Fleshcraft worked. I know channeling is a little awkward but isn’t a big fat absorb shield helpful for shoring up our defensive weakness? Maelstrom weapon works for Primordial Wave, right? Probably not helpful for pvp, but what about for high keys?

You have to sit and channel for 4 seconds and it has a CD and in high keys there’s alot of damage being taken pretty regularly so you’d burn through it pretty often so it wouldn’t necessarily be there when you needed it.

The Kyrian totem looks alot better as a life preserver at the moment.

Ya but 4 seconds isn’t that bad is it? Plus, you can start it before a pull as it stays up for 2 minutes. And the wave heals too so you get 2 more defensive abilities with the Necro Lords

Kyrian seems alot better to me. Both abilities are instant and can be used reactively to recover when things are going off the rails - totem for AOE healing and pot for instant heal + debuff removal.

Necrolord cast heal is weak and the shield seems like a pain and seems like you would just be burning it off constantly so it wouldn’t be around when you really need it. If they made it so that it stuck around and gave you a 20% cheat death or only triggered at 35% health or something like nature’s guardian then I could see it being useful. But if it’s just a shield that gets eaten by the first damage you take then it doesn’t seem that useful for high end content.

I want to mention, if we’re the only spec in the game that has to bolster their defensive capabilities from the onset with a borrowed power, we’ve made no progress as a spec. That choice should be left to when you’re pursuing high keys and need it for some boss cooldown situation or something, not to try to complete a spec’s toolkit. Imo.

4 Likes

I think both look good. I’m not so sure that Kyrians’ are clearly better cause sure Vt is “instant” but then you still have to cast a healing surge right? So either way you have to wait on a cast bar to get a heal (or either way you have to spend 5 stacks of MW to make it instant). As for their class wide abilities, the Kyrian instant one is probably good but I have a feeling that it’s more for ulltility than survivability whereas I get the feeling the Necro one is going all in on survivability.

I’m not saying that Necro is the better choice, but I think we shouldn’t write it off just yet.

Ya that’s true. I agree. Still, if we’re struggling with a problem, it’s probably smart to try to consider using the Covenant abilities this way to help even if its only a bandaid

Oh 100%, I guess I’m just cynical enough to think Blizz will see a discussion like that and think “See? They’ll find a way”. Not exactly generous of me, but I played through BfA.

3 Likes

Yea your not the only one.