Best way to level ALL conduits-aside from Korthia

?

If they continue to bumpup conduits without improving the leveling system , players are going to be so behind and the time investment for farming 226 tokens is not worth it . Not everyone can do flawless runs either, and not everyone has the reputation for korthia. If we are moving away from korthia… please dont force us to go back and farm it out. Let us use valor, honour, gold …

1 Like

Korthia hands out tons of 226 conduits like candy.

I mean, they could, but their probably not well read enough.

Irrelevant. 226 drops from rares.

I mean, you could just raid…

The bug where you get two of the same conduits in the Korthia weekly cache is still not corrected (although doesn’t always occur), but typically on a new alt I would get at least 4-5 200 ilvl conduits a week from the assaults, tormentor weekly cache, and korthia weekly cache. Those are all pretty easy to do and guarantees a higher ilvl one to start. You can get higher conduits from the caches later, as well. You can get conduits from dungeons, raids, and world bosses, too.

However, I was just thinking how it would be nice if the conduits were account wide for other characters I level of the same class (like opposite faction ones), as with the legendary powers, or some other way to obtain them just a bit more quickly. I have leveled two new 60s since the 40 renown token was offered and I only have the 3 starting conduits even though the tree is largely unlocked and ready for conduits to go in them. When renown was harder to obtain and more gated it wasn’t as noticeable, as you would usually have something to put in there.

I am curious how many 226 tokens it would take to get all the relevant conduits to 226, since if you have no conduits, it discovers all the low ilvl ones first and then slowly updates them in increments once you’ve discovered them all.

Unless an alt is practically living in Korthia 24/7, the correct way is probably still do the Shaping Fate/Assaults/whatever to first get ~200 versions of the Conduits dropping, and only then use the Crescents or whatever to upgrade them to 226; it’s unlikely you’ll pile up enough Crescents by the time you have the Conduits to begin with.

You’re absolutely correct that unlocking reknown and sitting around waiting on RNG to actually socket conduits is noticeable. RNG can also make that worse, e.g. your Shaping Fate chest can simply give you 200 versions of those intro conduits, so you didn’t end up with new ones. And then you have to go use them immediately so you don’t risk getting dupes (assuming that dupe from the same chest also didn’t occur).

Just about everything to do with Conduits is a garbage heap on fire.

Irrelevant. 226 drops from rares.

Crescents are still a low drop-rate on rares. IDK what the exact rates are since any stats (e.g. on Wowhead) are probably polluted from pre-9.1.5, but it seems to be in the order of ~8-10% at best. It’s not exactly a great way to farm Conduit upgrades.

Regardless, the thrust of the OP’s post is what will happen when we move away from Korthia.

2 Likes

Covered that. If you can’t be bothered to go to Korthia, instanced combat is it.

P. S. Got 3 in 25m after 9.1.5 wouldn’t call that rare.

You could have rolled 10 in that time if you were spam-killing rares for the whole 25 minutes and got super lucky, it’s not a sample size that means anything.

Like I said, the actual recorded stats are polluted, but it seems to be a roughly 8-10% chance, which would be in line with double or triple that chance before 9.1.5. It’s hard to say; iirc, the operating theory was that prior, you were capped to 1 a day from rares/treasures, so they could just as easily have simply removed the cap, and people would observe more dropping without the chance (~4%) ever changing.

Feel free to make a fresh alt and farm rares and see how far that gets you. From what I’ve observed, especially if your first uses are unlocking the 145 versions, you’ll probably have to no-life a week or more just to even get to 226, which lest we forget is the baseline of this patch (i.e. before upgrades from raids/higher instanced content enter the picture). It’s just off compared to anything else your alt might be doing.

Side note: The point of the token systems is to either act on top of the instanced options, or for people who don’t do instances. You’re not “covering” a damn thing by going “Just go raid instead”.

2 Likes

Hit your raids and dungeons to get baselines, and then Korthia for upgrades.

One of the worst things is that conduits are not 100% drop rate. Killing bosses in Mythic CN and never seeing the 226 conduit was beyond stupid. With 9.1, the grind (now) for getting condutis and sockets is way, way less than it was before (both in 9.0, and earlier in 9.1). I almost wish I wasn’t a CE raider because Korthia was utterly malicious when it came out.

Not gonna lie if you can’t do a flawless torghast run you probably don’t really need the conduit upgrades. Either way for a fresh character it’s pretty much go do dungeons and get your 226s conduits from M+, do the maw assault or tormentors in the maw for 226 sphere and covenant conduit, go kill rares in Korthia for 226 tokens and probably try to get your 239s from heroic that drop before using 252 tokens. For most DPS specs conduits are only like 10-15 DPS per rank up so :man_shrugging:

I mean, this is silly at best.

First, many specs either have terrible Anima powers, or just mechanically don’t do all that well in Torghast. If you’re trying to set up a character to heal raids or something, how well you play in Torghast has no real bearing on “what you need”. They’re entirely different content modes that “require” entirely different skillsets (if any for Torghast), never mind that Adamant Vaults first needs to be ground to be unlocked, then become much easier after grinding a bunch more TK.

Second, even if you think about it logically, if someone’s messing up because of a lack of skill or w/e, those are the exact kinds of people who need/rely on gear or stat upgrades to offset that. It’s the often inverse with a good player; you could make me wear no pants, or restrict ilvl to X, or whatever, and we’d still find a way to get things deaded; until we’re up against something “mathematically impossible”.

1 Like