Best way to gear a shadow priest?

My friend mainly wants to pvp but obviously the rank 14 grind is just too much. Is raiding the only realistic way to get some gear? How difficult is the blue pvp set grind? Is it worth going tailoring to get the 2% bloodvine set bonus? Hes pretty casual at the moment. Would it be better to have him go power infusion/shadow or full shadow? What would be the best way to leverage in a shadowpriest to a average raid lead?

if he plays the game he’ll get gear i reckon

4 Likes

Try htt p://wowclassicbis.com/

roll holy get your gear respec go pvp

1 Like

I was afraid of that. I know shadow doesn’t get popular until about ZG bwl era and then it’s only 1 per raid.

by speccing 31/0/20 as a healing/shadoweave build for raids. vanilla debuff limits do not lend themselves to playing shadow.

You could always start with the dreadmist set and then pvp for the pvp set, if he doesn’t want to raid.

https://classic.wowhead.com/item-set=183/dreadmist-raiment

How hard is it to get 6/6 blue pvp?

It’s probably going to be all dependent on how populated your server is and what that grind is like. But the reality is that 6/6 blue on actual vanilla was not that hard to achieve. At least on my medium pop realm it wasnt.

I did not play vanilla or pservers so I can’t say, it’s just something I am planning if I decide to go shadow priest instead of holy paladin. These dungeons are BiS farming dungeons and 55-60 levelling dungeons so as long as your server is medium or higher you shouldn’t have issues finding groups.

My plan is to roll feral tank. I can pretty much tank any dungeon I want. So hopefully I can farm him BiS pretty easy.

Your best gear early on will be dungeon blues which are easy to get, a few tailoring items, the engineering + shadow damage goggles and any + shadow damage greens. The blue pvp set wasn’t too hard to get, and you pretty much only need the two piece set bonus.

Just find a guild with a DKP system that don’t care about min maxing and all that crap. It’s 15 year old content, casual guilds will be clearing content fine.

3 Likes

Shadow gear is almost all blue gear until BWL.

Kazzak legs are bis and you will never get them unless you are in the best guild that has a sentry camping his spawn 24/7 and wake up at a moments notice to kill him at 3am.

The pvp blue set is amazing, it has spell dmg and mp5. The shoulder/boot combo is great because it’s equal to the world boss azuregos bis boots/cabal mantle from bwl.

1 Like

I was really impressed with some of the AQ 2.5 and even the dungeon set 2. Its gonna be awhile though before that’s even possible

Eye of divinity is not from rag

Pretty sure you don’t use bloodvine in pvp because you don’t need so much +hit in pvp.

Can’t get that until ZG anyway, which is a later patch. Since the materials come from there.

Other than World PvP, is there confirmation on any type of Battlegrounds yet?
I was going on the understanding that PvP had not been fully realised yet for Classic.

Note: Right near the bottom of the Blue Post, they mention PvP.

I have 3 characters from Vanilla that I took to Knight Captain / Legionnaire. (Alliera US, Frostmourne OCE and Aman’thul OCE) It definitely took some regular playing and with each character I ran with a regular group. Aman’thul took less playing due to the server population being smaller.

The bloodvine would only be to help him progress in PVE. Its great damage but no stamina.

Battlegrounds will come with Phase 3. Phase 3 is probably 6+ months out.

Haven’t found the official breakdown on this but it’s everywhere if you google it and go to links that are recent. This is one:

https://www.wowclassiccountdown.com/content_plan_pve_and_pvp/

Honor system and gear are phase 2, AV and WSG are phase 3, AB is phase 4.