Best rogue spec open world?

So I mainly do Wqs warfronts and little things like that. I gave up on raiding last expansion .

So for general use and random bgs what is the best rogue spec?

BG’s Assassination, WQ’s Outlaw I guess…

Give subtlety a try. Its bursts are low cooldown enough that you can mow down world quest mobs extremely quickly. Opening on one with some shadow danced/Symbols of deathed Shadow Strikes will usually kill them leading you to opening on the next mob with a full combo pointed eviscerate. You can chain several kills this way.

Outlaw mow down entire groups without fear BTE one shots with decent gear and the follow up Pistol shot can do the same or very close to it.

When you see post BFA launch post recommending Sub ignore them. It’s a common error in the rogue forum that dredges up forum posts from pre legion.

1 Like

As others have said, for pure WQ’s/World PvP I would go with Outlaw. Pull 20 mobs, parry, kill, done. Plus you get grappling hook and double vials to help on tougher pulls. Outlaw functions as basically a weak tank in open world, especially if you get leech buffs with large pulls.

Sub can be useful but sub is better killing one mob and quickly moving to the other, murdering them one at a time. Outlaw will just take slightly longer but will kill everyone at the same time. Great for the , kill 8 of these guys quests.

Subtlety pulling large packs should not be underestimated. When the rotation is just “Shuriken storm, eviscerate” with Symbols and Dances thrown in, you can take down packs of non-elites at least as well as Outlaw.

I haven’t tried to pull massive packs in Nazj but before it felt like a race against the clock with sub with large pulls. Outlaw just feels tankier to me, which makes WQ’s easier.

Sub absolutely decimates if you’re trying to throw in some 1v1 world pvp in the mix of your WQ’s though. Don’t think anything else can kill you as quickly as sub with full CD’s…

you are simply adorable

3 Likes

Outlaw is amazing for open world content. AoE for days and a crit BTE will practically one-shot most things.

Can outlaw work in random bgs?

Outlaw works well in pvp, but you have to work a bit harder to get the kill.

Anything works in random BG’s but Outlaw will do just fine. Not too bad on team fights if your sticking to the edges and harassing heals. Use your gouge as an extra interrupt and do your best to be a pain in the rear.

I’ve found stacking vers and crit (even with the PvP reduction) gives me the best results in most PvP as Outlaw. Big crits on BtE and pistol shot when you get into the 20-25% vers range.

But if it’s open world, just about anything works.

Really no need to min-max if you’re not doing raids or mythic dungeons.