Best races for Retribution Paladin & Enhancement Shaman in Classic WoW?

If you don’t want to read this entire post I’m mainly just wanting these questions answered: What is the best race for Retribution Paladin (PvE & PvP) and for Enhancement Shaman (PvE & PvP)? Do you consider Retribution Paladin or Enhancement Shaman to be more viable in Classic WoW? Which specialization is in more demand? These questions are strictly in regards to a max level character.

I’ve played WoW off and on since around 2004 (across multiple accounts). A lot has changed since then. I wasn’t able to participate in the WoW Classic BETA…so I was hoping that you can help me.

In 2004 I really enjoyed playing both a Paladin and a Shaman on different servers. However, I cannot remember which class was in more demand nor which race was best for each class.

This is where people are going to hate me, but I don’t care…it’s a game and I LOVE playing melee characters. I know that if I play as a Retribution Paladin or Enhancement Shaman everyone will hate me, but I don’t like to heal nor tank. I also don’t like to stance dance like a warrior nor shape shift like a druid (I HATE action bars getting swapped out during combat for different stances/forms), I don’t like to wait for cool downs like a rogue nor stealth around ganking people, I don’t like to play ranged classes, and I don’t like having to control pets.

I’m one of those weird people who likes to buff people, hit my enemies with weapons, heal myself when need be, and put out a decent amount of damage. I guess you would call me the ultimate support guy. I like to help others while throwing my own punches every once in a while. I like long drawn out duels…not short ones. I like playing a rare class with a rare spec and doing well at it. I don’t ever feel the need to be at the top the damage charts…I’m comfortable being somewhere in the middle as long as the Guild knows that I helped increase other players damage output with buffs or decreased the amount of damage other players took due to my buffs in some way.

1 Like

Both are meme specs in PVE and plenty powerful in PVP.

As for race you will just have to decide what you think is good.

Purely on racials alone Dwarf and Orc. On everything else Human and Tauren.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help I greatly appreciate it. I agree…I’ll probably get laughed out of most guilds in PvE, but it’s ok…at least I know what’s coming.

Only guilds that want to meta progress. I’m sure plenty of casual raiding guilds will be willing to take a ret pally or shaman. Especially if you bring that one axe that increases the damage the enemy take from spells.

1 Like

For Ret, Human offers the only DPS increase (assuming you use a sword or a mace) so it’s the best for PvE. Dwarf is a good choice for PvP because of stoneform, allowing a free cleanse.

For enhance, Orc is going to be best for both PvE and PvP. The AP on use racial and the axe racial (assuming you use an axe) will increase your dps and the stun resist racial will be really good for PvP. Trolls are also decent for PvE because of the haste on use racial. Tauren can be good in PvP for the stun, larger hitbox/range, and increased HP if you play it right.

All in All, healers in general are more in demand than DPS so holy/resto will be wanted moreso. Ret/enhance though are desirable if you can get Nightfall as that can add a decent amount of raid dps for the casters.

If that is a logical AND, my friend, you will have a tough time finding a race that does both. :rainbow::star: