Best PVP Class for sustained damage?

Want to get back into Wow PVP for the summer.
I love rogue and am best at it - but is it not OP at all right now?
I hate to say it, but it does increasingly upset me if I do BGs and my damage is absolutely useless - I pvp to feel powerful and good. So which classes do you recommend?
Ideally I love monks and rogues - do they suck?

Neither suck at all.

2 Likes

Why would you play anything other than a class you love? In any event, your concerns are I’ll-founded. Both classes have more than one good spec. You could t go wrong with either.

2 Likes

I have played Disc Priest when nobody wanted Discs on their team. I played when everyone wanted Discs. I have played when everyone say Disc sucks. I will always play disc. Forever. I will have Disc’s babies. I will marry disc. We will have joint burial plots. Forever Disc. <3

If you feel that way about a class. Then you play it no matter anything.

5 Likes

Play what you like instead of searching for FOTM classes … anyway best melee for BG’s would be Fury Warriors and Ret Pally.

BTW Rogues are up there as usual too.

2 Likes

I see plenty of Rogues in BG’s that do well, and the damage as Assassin and Outlaw seem to be good. Subtlety can be good too, but my understanding is that its more control and less damage.

I don’t see that many really good dps monks, but I know that they can be very effective also, and they seem to have a nice toolkit for BG’s.

1 Like

Lol what? No… This is not even close to true.

Rogue, dk and dh are easily above them. Skill capped recently put out a guide that said it’s okay to bring two rogues :joy:

Ret and fury are good, don’t get me wrong but yeah… Rogue/dk/DH are kinda sickening.

1 Like

Big difference between casual BGs and rated BGs.

Both Roge and Monk are OP in randoms.

Not really? Definitely a difference but if something is best for the top rbg team it’s probably best for bgs.

-Dks can pull people out of position, extremely tanky and extremely high dps.
-Rogue can be anywhere, smokebomb, elusive and has extremely high damage (maybe not ret levels of burst but still). Mostly assassin rogue
-DH has insane mobility, tankish with cool downs and top tier aoe damage.

-Ret has sick burst but really kinda sub par consistent damage. Fairly tanky with terrible mobility.
-Fury has good consistent damage, good mobility (both worse than DH mind you) and is a glass cannon if you get any stacks of deathwish going.

Like I said, they’re not bad but rogue/dk/DH are definitely better. They just have less weaknesses than ret/fury is all.

Well, a rogue running a fan of knives build to spread damage and wound poison around isn’t going to do well if they don’t have a dedicated healer since they have to get in the middle of people to be effective doing that and rogues tend to get focused in random bgs if they are in group fights.

If they aren’t running a fan of knives build then they are kind of bad for group fights and should be playing objectives, they wouldn’t be there for their overall damage output.

An arms warrior is another example of a class that would do much better on a rated team than in a casual bg for the same reason as above. Arms can do a ton of spread damage pressure (the biggest overall damage numbers I have seen in a casual BG were from an arms warrior in deepwind gorge) while applying healing debuff, but without dedicated support they are kind of trash.

Some specs absolutely require support to be effective, which is something they are going to get in a rated bg but likely won’t get if they are solo queuing casual bgs.

1 Like

uh so what? play what you like, not what is FOTM.

1 Like

Any class I play will lat the smack down, cause in the right hands it can be akin to magic

1 Like

Sustain damage? Unholy death knight. Not really bursty but their constant pressure makes them really deadly.

1 Like

ret damage even without wings is the highest of all melee outside of maybe fury and enhance and in the chaos of casual bg’s rets are extremely good as they can always be hitting someone. for aoe divine storm spam is also the highest out of all melee(outside of arms warrior bladestorm once a minute).

rated bg team fights are smaller and people kite much better so ret loses a bit there.

self sustain is also way more important in randoms as you can’t count on being healed and ret has a bunch of sustain. it’s just a really good casual bg class.

no reason to take them in rated though when you have a dh that has needed mobility and the damage isn’t much worse than a ret without wings(almost all their attacks being aoe helps).

1 Like

not really.

2 Likes

Ummmm unholy and havoc are miles ahead of ret when it comes to AoE pressure. LOL.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with this however…

There is so much wrong with this statement I don’t know where to start :joy:

Ret has wings and sustain… About it.

1 Like

most of unholy aoe is a dot. that’s low pressure. the fact that it’s on tons of people makes it look like it’s super strong. frost dk dot is also the exact same if not better. nobody is saying frost has good aoe. rets divine storm is 10k+ damage. that’s more than the entire round of an unholy dot. if a ret wants to pad damage charts they will top the damage charts with just divine storm. the fact is they want more kill pressure so they use verdicts for most situations.

sorry to say but i don’t ever see my health drop from unholy cleave. storms actually make healers target me.

thats only a single element to our aoe, you combine a lot of things for our aoe, and we can keep it going constantly. the 10k damage a divine storm does is less than the combined damage from virulent plague, virulent eruption, dnd/defile, reanimation, ss/cs/ns cleave, or unholy blight/bursting sores if talented.

take a look at DKs in M+ if you want to see high aoe, unholy has no cap on aoe dps.

1 Like