Best keyboard for WoW finger

Maybe it’s because I’m a 37 year old old man now, but WoW is really giving me some pain in the fingers. Starting to wonder if maybe it’s my keyboard? Using a Corsair K57 RGB wireless, which has rubber dome keys. I’m told these are harder to press? I’ve tried mechanical keyboards in stores, but everything feels fine for a few minutes in the store. Hoping to save time on a million returns and get some input.

Would mechanical be better for this? I think… linear type actuation? Cherry or brown switches? There are an overwhelming number of options these days.

If you want less pressure needed then cherry reds are the most commonly found that will work for you, but they tend to double type such isn’t as good for typing

1 Like

I’ve heard that. What exactly is it about them that would double type speed? Is it especially annoying? Is there some kind of medium that wouldn’t hurt typing?

They don’t need much actuation force and they don’t have a tactile response when fully depressed. They also don’t need to be fully depressed to register strokes. So unlike say, blues, which need more force and offer tactile and audible feedback when registering/bottomed out, you don’t know for sure when you’ve fully pressed the key and you can accidentally double type keys easily.

They are better for fast pace gaming because they require less force and are easier to spam.

1 Like