Best Healer in TBC?

So, I’m looking at rolling a new healer for TBC. I already played druid in the original TBC, so I’m looking at a new healer. As my memory of that time isn’t the greatest, what would be the best healer for dungeons and raids? Paladin? Shaman? Priest? Death knight (oh wait, wrong expansion)?

Any thoughts?

priest by far

1 Like

Shaman pve
Druid and priest for pve and pvp
Paladin…well we have wrath classic right?

1 Like

shamen>h prist>resto druid >disc priest>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>h paladin

2 Likes

Priest is probably easiest in dungeons due to things like fade and shield
Shaman for raids due to chain heal, bl etc.

I’d go shaman. It was my main original TBC. Demand was insane.

2 Likes

It’s funny, I don’t remember running a single dungeon with a paladin healer. And this is probably why. lol

i mained hpal on tbc
it was good but all of the others were great
also i still have ptsd of healing H-Alcatraz as a hpal its awful not having any aoe heal

1 Like

I had holy paladins in all my raids in tbc. We did just fine.

2 Likes

they good on raids sure but there are also many other healers to take care of the raid damage while you focus the tank/s

but on a smaller scale it takes 5 flashes of light to do what a priest can do in 1 circle of healing

2 Likes

I was a resto druid back then. I often healed alongside skilled paladins. We just healed who needed healing. Tbc isn’t that hard. Some of the prenerfs may make it harder but it’s still going to be easy.

Pally’s make the best tank healers hands down, but outside of that they suffer

It’s hard to compare to shamans in raid healing and they bring a lot of utility and due to buffs are in high demand for everything. You will never have a hard time finding a group.

Druids and priests are very well rounded with tons of utility, strong for groups, raids, and pvp. (These are my personal favorites but that’s a play style preference)

I main HPriest in classic and will continue to main it for raiding. Second main will be resto druid, mostly for PvP.

if you are talking PvE and you only care about topping that Healing Done tab in recount, shamans with that healing chain usually do that for you…

Shaman are awesome healers. I just wanted to remind you that you will be losing 4 bag slots because you have to carry your totems with you. Totem management can a handful to get used to if you are coming from a different healing class. You’ll need to write several macros. Thankfully the game retained mine from TBC/Wrath.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.