Best healer addon

looking to lvl a healer and mess around until next xpac just wanting to know what the best add on for healing is

thanks

There is not just one.
I use vuhdo, de-curse , elv- ui with custom set ups for me. Those are just a few.

Ohh don’t forget a good name plate add on.

1 Like

Biggest help for healing is mouseover macros, and I do elvui to put all the party’s health bars towards the middle of my screen, other than that, OmniCD to track CDs, Details to track DPS and HPS, and of course DBM. That’s really all I use other than Raider IO add on

2 Likes

Grid2 plus Clique is a highly customizable set up. Madskillzz has videos for how to set that up. If you want to heal via pvp style, I’d recommend SortGroup, but make sure your tank is lead. Decursive is good with SortGroup but you are at the top with the tank second which is reversed with Decursive but works well. OmniCD and OmniCC are good as well.

D4KiR Healer Protection is also good, as is Can’t Heal You 3.44. Everyone should run GTFO as a standard addon.

You can run a bunch more including a bunch of WeakAuras for explosive warnings, when to PI, etc; DBM voice packs (I like the Arnold one myself), Doom_CooldownPulse, Lagbar, Losecontrol, HideTalkingHead, etc.

I’ve seriously kept using Healbot this whole time. I haven’t healed any M+ this expansion really, but in BFA I was up to +16 before I quit playing.

It’s just like the thing I’m used to at this point.

1 Like

You’ve got a few options,

Mouseover macros

Healbot/vuhdo type addons

Keybinds/the action bar(s)

Look em up, pick one and stick to it till you master it. Check some YouTube videos for healer ui set ups. Try em all and see which is best for you. The addons can be a lot at first so check a video.

Healing isnt entirely what addon/method you use as long as you know your spells/toolkit and build up the reaction time/learn mechanics. If you can react to damage instantly and dispel bad while still throwing in dmg when you can and avoiding bad, you are good with any healing method really. There are mythic Healers using many different methods. You want something comfortable but also something that allows you to use all of your toolkit in a fluid way. Somehing that can help you track your Heal over time abilities, cooldown etc is also good too.

I personally loved healbot when I started as it was easy to pick up, then I eventually moved to vuhdo, which is mostly the same, just more options and updated more reliably. Now I use a combo of the action bar to access my dps and some other stuff that felt weird on vuhdo, and also use vuhdo for all my healing stuff. Frees up my action bar for smite/holy fire/chastise etc and other stuff. Never need to target anyone.

It’s good to access the dmg abilities for downtime, healer dmg is helpful.

I’m mostly with elvui and mouseover macros while always having ennemies as my target. Works like a charm on all healing specs for me.

2 Likes

Macros are more important than anything else, you will want mouse over Macros for most of your heals and even target self Macros. As for addons big debuff is one I can’t live without.

If I have Mouse-over macros, I could literally just use those. I prefer them and Grid 2 together though.

week auras.

and really that’s all you need The rest can be done with macros and blizzard raid frames are surprisingly good.

Healbot is pretty easy. Not as pretty as some of the other addons mentioned; but effective.

Seen this?