Best guides for Ret Paladin (talents, rotation) for TWW?

Haven’t played since Shadowlands, just came back last week and leveled from 60->70.

Been trying to find YouTube videos to be prepared to reset my talents when pre-patch hits, but all the videos I’ve found so far mostly cover the CHANGES in a few talents between Dragonflight and TWW, so they aren’t helping me understand the builds very much or the rotations since I haven’t played in Dragonflight.

Icy Veins doesn’t have TWW guides up yet.

For reference on my playstyle (because something too complex/elitist will only confuse me), at this time I’d only be preparing to do normal raiding and low level mythics dungeons.

I know we don’t get the hero talents until later but I want to at least start learning/practicing something close to the rotation I’d be using at 80 to rebuild my muscle memory.

Thanks

i dont think guides will be updated for prepatch until it launches, then wowhead and cidyveins drop those guides. nothing else i can really tell ya

if it helps, ret hasnt changed much going into tww so you can prob ably use the df guides and be fine

2 Likes

Looks like most builds get rid of Crusader Strike. What have people typically been replacing that with on their action bars? I’ve used that for so many years I know I’m going to keep smashing that key when things get hairy.

well if you dont want to change, you can still run CS or TS both are about 2-3% behind csaa.

with csaa you use your double blade of justice (which is alot smoother than people think) if you do it right, then you wont notice much downtime

As of Dragon Flight, most players tend to use CSAA for constant HoPo and 2% heals. When TWW comes in, there won’t be constant heals, although with the new Zealot’s Fervor doubling its speed up to 40%, CSAA will still be relevant.

That being said, Crusader Strike can be converted to Templar Strikes, and it brings, damage, I mean SERIOUS big-boy damage, to the point that it’s now a serious contender against CSAA.

With the new TWW coming in, it’s uncertain what people will use. Combined with the new Hero talents, it’s going to be a very interesting new world for paladins.

One big change I notice in the Ret tree is you can’t tie Consecrate to Blade of Justice anymore. I was really happy to have Crusader Strike and Consecrate both gone from my bar, definitely made the rotation after the revamp super smooth. I’ll be playing around w/it in Remix and pre-patch tho.

That is going to feel awful. I hate using consecrate as ret.

It’s baked in already at lvl 11 I believe.

icey veins has the builds and gear guides up now. Stack your Mastery. I went from my previous setup doing +/- 400K single target to over 500k. Also sitting at 90% Mastery, and i think i can get close to 100.

1 Like

That is becoming a passive so Ret doesn’t have to spend a talent point on it anymore.