Best Gold making professions for DF?

I’m doing herbalism (always relevant) paired with leatherworking (multi-armor type).

Generally in the first month it pays to be a gatherer. People are trying to raise their crafting skills faster than others to be on the ground floor of the obscene crafted goods prices. Sell them mats and when the material prices start dropping then you can buy items or work on your own crafter.

1 Like

You gotta really be commited if you wanna make bank off professions.

Just hit 3k io and make a dedicated group to sell +15 boosts.

I love this lol.

The key to making gold with professions is to be early. If you level Jewelcrafting, Enchanting, Alchemy and Inscription, you want to level it as soon as possible because that is where you’ll get your best prices. Once everyone else has leveled it becomes competitive and people undercutting to get their items sold.

1 Like

It’s just one of those things that eventually clicks for some folks. Even if you aren’t making thousands in a day, the average player SHOULD be able to at least bring in enough gold to be able to operate. After that, the key is not spending it on stuff you don’t actually need (especially since so many people severely overprice stuff on the AH solely for transmog)

As it currently stands however, I’m more or less waiting to get an idea of how things will flow in Dragonflight. We’ve had mission tables for a long time. Actually losing those and getting back to basics is bound to take out a major passive income source.

In Shadowlands, if you had all three callings active at once, that could easily turn into 6-10K per character depending on the vendor trash that your lockbox had. Even if it was only one active, that could still potentially be about 2K gold for very minimal work in some cases.
I’m mostly coming into DF blind as I find that far more fun, but if there is anything similar to callings, don’t ignore them. Once you get the flow down, you can knock that stuff out in about 30 minutes.

You’d be surprised at how often the folks that struggle to earn gold say something along these lines.

Professions can sometimes cost you a little to get moving if you want to get there quickly, but in the long term they can go a long towards getting you steady income without jumping through hoops.
If nothing else: have an alt that is focused on mining/herbs and just sell those on the AH.
If you’re looking to get serious about professions, then I generally like to suggest alchemy/herbs as a starting point. Doesn’t matter where we’re at in the current expansion: potions are ALWAYS in demand, and as long as you keep that profession up to date with any new recipes, you’ll at least always have income flowing. Worst case: you’ll at least save gold from not having to buy potions yourself.

Due to how knowledge works, id definitely put more time into mining.