Best gear for raiding is now from pvp

I finally figured it out.

Plopss is the horse Tina rides at Horse Camp.

Big whoop honestly, some people will go for it, many won’t.

Yes, people have gotten rank 14 before BG’s in vanilla, or at least shortly into the launch of av/wsg (they were already rank 12ish by then)

You could have a bg that awards 100,000,000 honor every time you win or lose, and it wouldn’t affect how much time you have to play one bit as long as everyone on your server can access it

You don’t have to farm some arbitrary amount of honor. You just have to farm more than the next guy at your rank. So if both of you have access to BG’s or if neither of you do, it doesn’t change how much time you would need to spend pvp’ing. Nor would it change what rank you could possibly get

If everyone on your server earned only 200 honor each week, and you earned 250…you would continue to make progress in your rank every week until you were rank 14. The total honor does. Not. Matter.

90% of Hunters aren’t invited to raids . So this is good that open world pvp ganking will be rewarding

1 Like

Blue PVP gear isn’t out until phase 6, its just R13 Epics right now

Blue pvp gear should be hands down better than T1 and most pieces of T2 for most class specs

Many people on forums were claiming it was out on phase 2

the purple set is out, for rank 13 players. But I believe the blue 60 set in’t being released until phase 5 (not Phase 6)

Blue sets were out long before AQ/Naxx, that would be false. They were added in 1.4, but we have yet to see whether blizzard is putting in the 1.4 sets or the 1.12 sets, a blue post stated 1.12

Wowhead also has it listed as phase 6. There should be a weaker version currently out

I’m just waiting to be able to say “I told you so” to about a dozen different people on forums

Is it time for me to say it?

here is the link to the old blue armor sets that are out in Phase 2

http s://classic.wowhead.com/item-sets/tag:7?filter=ta=7

So earlier I made a forum post talking about how much that set sucked, and I had about a half dozen people call me:

Stupid
A troll
Etc

And generally attempt to make fun of me. They claimed that the phase 6 version of the blue pvp set was being released now during phase 2. I’m not able to log in to check the pvp vendors, can someone confirm that the blue set is indeed the phase 2 (weaker) version?

I have a few “I told you so”’s to do

no one knows for about another 3-4 weeks as the vendors are behind a door that you have to be rank 7 to get inside. If blizzard released the updated blue pvp gear, it would destroy raiding as the blue gear is pretty much better than T1

Ah k. I’d be surprised if it was indeed the phase 6 version (better than BWL gear) but ya never know. Maybe it will be

Personally i’d worry less about getting better gear and more about making the most of what you have.

Like someone else said, it’s not about me

It’s about what that blue set would do to the entire community

Like someone else said, it is completely 100% better than the T1 set, and for my class, many pieces are better than the T2/BWL variants (chest, shoulders, gloves, legs, etc). What this would mean is that all of a sudden the meta would shift to where it would require pvp grind in order to maximize raid dps for just about everyone

It would be a huge change. Raiders would complain, moderate (non-hardcore) pvp’ers would celebrate

this is how you know when someone has no clue what they are talking about.

in vanilla the honor system before bgs didnt go past rank 4 or 5 because there were no higher ranks even in the game.

with how decay works, you will have to get over 100k UNIQUE kills per week to rank up past rank 10. GOOOOOOD LUCK.

The first grand Marshall(s) on my server in vanilla was a shadowpriest/rogue duo. I distinctly remember that they were rank 12 at the launch of wsg. I guess they got #1 and #2 honor every week

I dunno what else to tell ya. /shrug

Edit: there is no minimum about of honor required per rank. It is strictly a comparison of you vs the rest of the server. I am amazed at how many people get this wrong

This is why people think, rightfully, it will be the 1.11 versions

you are remembering wrong.

I am not. You are also wrong about some arbitrary minimum amount of hk’s per week. You pulled that completely out of your a**