Best gameplay recording program?

Interested in making some tutorial videos, have used OBS for a couple, but I cannot get the game to successfully be injected to OBS with the Synchron system. I can only record the window of the game, which does not allow for game sound or mouse to be heard/seen in the video. I read the reasoning as to why, but I’m not as computer savvy to figure out how to change it, nor do I know if it can be changed. (Something about WoW being too Metal…) I had forgone an update of OBS, tried to re-download it, and now my mac doesnt like it at all.

Anyway, I tried other things. Quicktime… not as good. I also tried the secret in-game video recorder, but I want my mic to be heard as well so that I’m timing my tutorial correctly. Does anyone have a good program they use for recording game play with voice at the same time?

Parallels Toolbox has a lot of useful utilities, which include video and audio capture. Maybe give it try.

https://www.parallels.com/products/toolbox/

Check the System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility list to ensure that OBS and any of its dependencies are in the list and checkmarked, and WoW is as well. You will get no audio recorded if they aren’t given permission to do so because of how OS X handles permissions. And it won’t prompt you about this either - Apple loves being obscure and leaving the user to guess what the hell is wrong.

I use Screenflow personally. But OBS works better for streaming.

have you checked “screeny” i use it to record webbex sessions

you can record audio or not
highlight mouse clicks
hide controls
specify frame rate
use area, window or screen
can also record from the camera

Super late on this, but what machine and macOS version are you running? On my machines running High Sierra and Mojave, Quicktime Player records the game at high quality 2560x1440 60FPS without as much of a hiccup.

If you’re on a hackintosh, one issue I ran into is that Quicktime’s recording relies on Intel QuickSync (which offloads encoding the to iGPU) working properly to record smoothly, so make sure that’s set up.