Best Expansions for Dungeon Leveling?

I rolled a Mag’har orc shaman on Illidan and I was leveling him via Classic Dungeons, and it kinda peter’d out queue wise. What expansion would yield the best bang for your buck if you are trying to level through the random dungeon finder?

Depends on what you’re looking for I think…
(Warning: Personal opinion alert!)

For pure enjoyment, I’d say Legion or BfA. Some of those dungeons are truly fantastic. I think the dungeon design team has been nailing it for the last three expansions, both in terms of mechanics and aesthetics.

For pure efficiency, I’d say either stick with Vanilla or maybe Cata dungeons. With the revamps, they generally go by really quickly. I’d say that’s probably the most consistent. There’s some really short and fast TBC dungeons, but alongside them are some really long crawls too, so maybe not worth the risk.

I’m by no means an authority here, just offering opinions based on my own experiences :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I generally go classic dungeons (which will include Cata dungeons if leveling through Chromie time when you hit level 35 and above) if I want to level via dungeons. Most of them are quick and have a good fair amount of quests. Some dungeons like Stockades now has quests for Horde. Some of the larger vanilla dungeons like Blackrock Depths can be annoying. Considering most of the quests for that dungeon require bosses that can be skipped for the loot bags and the 2nd wing (upper city) complete bypasses an entire section of the dungeon now (West Garrison and the pub) so you miss out on quests that involve those areas. Which last time I checked prevent you from getting the quests for the ‘upper city’ sections of the dungeon. Blackrock Depths in general sucks for LFG. Blizzard keeps making changes which only makes things worse for the overall experience.

There is also a large range of them too. So you generally don’t run the same dungeon twice. Unlike in TBC or Wrath where you get stuck with Ramparts and Blood Furnace or Utgarde Keep and The Nexus for a while respectively.

1 Like

Classic, skipping Cataclysm. If you get through most if not all of the classic dungeons then Wrath is second best when done later.

1 Like

I did Pandaland until i was able to interrupt because most of Panda dungeons are short and didn’t have to interrupt everything. Then went back to BFA with my new interrupt ability.

BFA q’s are faster if that also helps. Waited in panda land 15mins as tank for it to tell me if i am willing to try other expansion q’ and it was instant for WOD.

Each dungeon has been giving me 1 Level each time.

this , classic is fast easy and u get quest on the start

Friends told me BFA or legion; personally I prefer the old dungeons to any of them. I also like cata dungeons if it didn’t take so long to find a group for. Some of those mechanics for the unaware are very painful :stuck_out_tongue:

Honestly I’m going to go with BFA dungeons. They’re fairly well balanced and short without a lot of trash. I did BC and WOTLK and those dungeons are a bit of a slog, especially if you get the ones that have the waves of adds.

i was told to do the LK & BC dungeons with the quests, once you have completed them with the quests jump to WoD/Legion/BFA dealer’s choice. because the quests are just xtra XP since you are already in them

One thing to keep in mind, rep tabards don’t work in BFA dungeons (which is pretty dumb tbh especially with the new “pick your expansion to level in”). First thing I do with a new toon is buy the capital city tabard (SW/Org) to help them get to exalted as soon as possible so that when it comes time to buy the expensive flying, I can save 1k gold and spend it on other things I want ( like tmog :slight_smile: )

I’d say classic, but expect to get a lot of Dire Maul runs.