Best expansion for a new character

What’s the expansion with the best/most sin’dorei lore other than TBC to choose from Chromie? That’s it really…

MoP with the Isle of Thunder, which isn’t leveling content.

WoD has a bit in Talador as well, with the Sin’dorei managing to be minorly relevant in Legion through Suramar.

4 Likes

You actually can level via Isle of Thunder and Krasarang now, just not the whole way. The quests unlock at level 35 from Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

3 Likes

Oh, shoot? That’s super interesting.

Seconding the suggestion of MoP, both with the Dominance Offensive and Isle of Thunder, though I have no idea how those fit now with the leveling revamp. Several major Sin’dorei characters feature in that content. I believe MoP was the first time Lor’themar was really featured in-game.

Is Legion optional now? Because the Blood Elves and Nightborne immediately recognized their shared heritage as the inheritors of the old Highborne aristocracy, so you can more or less just say that Nightborne lore IS Blood Elven lore. Same people, same root culture, just separated in space for a long time.

I’d actually give the nod to Wrath, thanks to the presence of the Sunreavers in Dalaran and the major representation of Blood Elves in the Argent Tournament (and Argent Crusade in general).

It’s also when the Horde representative of the Ebon Blade, Koltira Deathweaver, was introduced. Then there are the San’layn, Blood Elves raised by the Lich King to be the vampire princes that serve as generals and leaders of his forces (the most notable being Blood Queen Lana’thel.)

If you get lucky with drops (or just find one on the AH) there is also a Battered Hilt that opens up a cool quest chain that leads back to the Sunwell and has a bunch of High and Blood Elf lore along the way.

2 Likes