Best class for solo leveling?

I love to level, and with summer coming up I will likely be doing it very casually only playing a few hours a week.

I was wondering what people found the most fun to level and experience the world with?

BM Hunter. Class is OP and can solo any world content that isn’t a world boss and top damage in raids after leveling.

6 Likes

This, and I assume the Warlock.

Anything with a pet makes solo play much easier to handle. Unfortunately these are the only 2 classes that gain an active one, aside from the Mage who has a summon on a 2min cd

2 Likes

Force of Nature

1 Like

Hunter and then warlock would definitely count as easiest. The hunter can definitely take quite a bit, and gets a decent movement buff at 20. Demo warlocks would be second, only because they don’t get that movement speed buff.

Mages might come in third. Teleportation to major cities is quite handy. This allows you to set your hearth whereever you want and still get to an AH and your bank anybtime you need.

1 Like

Having leveled one of each alliance class, my recommendation actually starts with “don’t”.

DON’T level a warrior or paladin. Warriors need ALOT of downtime to restore health (At some points after every fight) and can die really easy, even with as few as two mobs in many cases.

Paladin was extremely slow, just alot of autoattacks. Pally is the class you level when you have something else to do, like watch a movie on the other screen. Seal twisting may make it better than it was when i did it, but you should still avoid.

As mentioned by others, BM hunter and warlock are the two most fun to level, though that could also be called “easiest”. BM hunter just murders stuff while warlock can either drain tank or fear juggle (dot two-three mobs, take turns fearing them and watch them die). Both can kill elites fairly easy, tho lock has an edge on that due to fear (literally take no damage).

Mage, rogue, druid, and priest are all fairly fun too tho. You won’t be able to solo everything (elites) but they are enjoyable each in their own way. Fire mage and shadow priest just melt things, though if you do mage most people would recommend frost for AE kite farm. I did fire anyway.

If you want a melee class, rogue is like warrior but far less likely to die while leveling. Good damage output and some fun abilities like stealth to skip mobs if desired. Druid (feral) was …decent. Truthfully it’s close to being my third “don’t” cause it’s a little slow compared to the others but still worthwhile.

The above is based on leveling, not endgame nor raid usefulness. If you’re planning to raid on that char i’d add Rogue to the “don’t” list as rogue spots will be hard to find. Though rogues make good farming alts.

6 Likes

If by “best” you mean “fastest”, then Hunter, Warlock, Druid.

But you should not pick a class based on leveling speed, you should pick a class based on what you want to do at max level.

Sometimes, there is more to a post than just it’s title :slight_smile:

A “full group” includes a tank, a healer, and a DPS. That is always the fastest.

Hunters can solo and be a full group. The pet acts like a tank. The hunter supplied DPS without getting aggro (the pet keeps aggro). The hunter can heal the pet (but not themselves). I prefer Marksman hunter to BM hunter. All that matters is using the pet as a tank (keeping the mob aggro on the pet, not the hunter).

Personally, I enjoy hunter the most, for leveling and exploring.

Warlocks can do the same thing, using a tanking pet that they can heal. Playing them is a little more complicated than hunters. But hunters have “feign death” (get out of any fight) which Warlocks don’t have.

Not sure I follow but i’m always open to bettering myself. Is the “DR” in the quote suggesting i didn’t read your post? Or that you didn’t read mine?

As i understand from your post, you’re saying that you love to level and wanted to know which class was the most fun while leveling. I felt like I gave a decent amount of helpful feedback.

1 Like

Beastmaster hunter by far, closely followed by affliction warlock (with 21 points in demo).

But hunters get run speed, feign death ( complete aggro drop), pets can tank way better than lock’s voidwalker, and they kill faster.

That said, I play both and love both. But hunter is definitely king of easy solo, warlock is second (and is extremely fun in its own way too).

1 Like

hunter easily

easy leveling
always in demand in raid
your prebis is dungeon blues
ez clapping

I enjoyed paladin quite a bit back in the day and again in Classic. It’s slow, but fairly steady.

Warrior could be a little rough if you’re a new player or you don’t have any way to buy or feed some half decent weapons; otherwise I’d have to disagree. I leveled my warrior as fury and it was an alt so I was able to update it’s weapons every 5-10 levels. It was one of the most fun times leveling any character as I could just charge from target to target and feeling a bit like a wrecking ball even at that time. Kept first aid leveled as I’d bandage back to full every 5 or so. At any rate, I didn’t find it to be the torture slog some make it out to be.

Here again I have to disagree. Feral may not be quite as fast at killing as rogue or have all their fancy tools, but feral is so versatile. You can dps, tank, heal yourself, and you get travel form. What they lack in pure speed they make up for in efficiency and utility.

I’ve been leveling up characters now to get ready for tbc, got a hunter so far and working on a Druid now. Hunter is probably best at any time because having a pet is just great but the efficiency of Druid is just crazy, so I’d say they’re both really close during vanilla.

In tbc though hunters get some buffs to their pet and talents and a better pet heal, so they get way better!

You have it well summarized and you’re thoughts are accurate

Don’t even need a pet as a lock. Fear is extremely overpowered for open world content.

This, very much this.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.