Best bg melee spec?

If you are talking rated, you have 3 types. The target caller with MS (warrior) and the base sniper/holder (feral/rogue), and the tank (DH, Druid).

So what roll do you want?

If I were going to play a melee DPS in BGs right now, I would go DK. Death Grip is phenomenal. Being the 10,000th Ret/Wat racking up KBs is whatever in my eyes. I would rather be pulling the enemy healers, FC, etc. into swarm piles to change the tempo of the game.

1 Like

If you like running solo ret is probably your best choice, if you know or run with pocket healers warrior is better.

Arms and Ret are the two strongest and are on just about any half way decent RBG team. Frost DK is also good, but it’s not as good. Rather have a Warrior and Ret.

Warrior, Ret, or Rogue.

Warriors are borderline unkillable, and are just outright overpowered in every sense relative to PvP.
Ret Paladins- Same thing.

Rogues, to a lesser extent. However they have the ability to pick and choose their battles, which is highly valuable if youre just looking to beat people up.

1 Like

Best thing about rogue is pick and choose battles.

Why is this the first time I’ve realized this work…? Thanks, friend!

Magma doesn’t count?

Ret

Easiest class with no skill needed to play

Infinite heals and get out of jail free cards

Obscene burst

No ele should ever run magma… :thinking: Even in PvE lol

every melee can have his ups and downs in bgs

enhance is one of the most useful melee in bgs or rbgs, between your purges, kicks, heals, shamanism, burst damage with ascendance, you can pump a lot of damage on people

ofc enhance is less tanky than a ret or a warrior but if you have access to the earth shield leggo, it change how you can play, you can be way more agressive compared to a build with doomwinds where you will try to be more agressive around your windfury windows

1 Like

Enjoy the rogues, then

Did you say enhance lol? Ret or Warrior if you want to team fight. Rogue if you wanna ninja cap/base sit/be on EFC.

If you choose anything but rogue, war, ret, or frost DK get used to making your own rated BG teams unless you don’t care about pushing rating and just want to do randoms. I would never invite an enhance unless it was like a 1600 CR group and he was in full 226 gear.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with enh, and certainly wouldn’t need 226 gear at 1600. Seen quite a few good enh at 2200+ mmr. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

The absolutely BEST melee spec in the entire game is and has been Sub Rogue for many, many years. Not only are you the absolute #1 utility spec, but you can single-handedly change the game (from stealth no less) in any objective-based map.

You can:
Solo kill FCs or any Healer
Solo cap bases/towers
Solo CC healers/tanks/important DPS from GYs or away from team fights
Peel instantly from any location to any location

The list goes on. If you truly want to have fun and fight on your own terms 100% of the time, learn to play and love Sub Rogue. No other class can compete with what they do outside of RBGs, and Boomkins will still lose to them in any competent 1v1.

1 Like

Ret 100% for a BG hero class. Especially while its overpowered atm.

War is also broken so even at low ilvls you will still be threatning.

Once you get 220+ every class is kinda fun in BGs.