Best bg melee spec?

Trying to find a toon that doesn’t get instantly melted I’m thinking enhance Is king right now then probably warrior or ret, then ww and lastly rogue?

Go with ret or enhance

Ret is the answer … Enh ? Lol

5 Likes

I’d say rogue and feral are best suited for random BGs but you seem unhappy with the survivability. I recommend ret if you’re actually going to play the spec to its potential and throw around some heals, freedom, BoP, etc., and if that doesn’t interest you, frost DK.

Everyone pretty much gets instantly melted without pressing buttons :slight_smile:

But it sounds like ret might be your ticket since it’s it has the best immunity and heals for a melee dps plus all that damage. Oh and and a sprinkling of utility as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Never play a shaman in bgs unless you’re 220 item level and 30 vers. You will get stomped especially by a ret.

Id recommend playing a ret paladin as it has an extremely low skill cap and can be played with a guitar hero controller. You will destroy people. It has excellent survivability as well .

The other melee specs require a lot of skill. If you do have skill I’d recommend playing a warrior (skillful reflects and intervene) or a rogue (very squishy and probably the hardest spec to perform well on).

Just Guage your skill level and decide for yourself. But avoid enhance. Very high skill cap and you get destroyed if you aren’t aggressive and getting instant heals.

3 Likes

Second this - Sub Rogue and Arms Warrior are harder to play but very versatile and tons of fun!! A well played Sub Rogue is an RBG game changer.

2 Likes

Ele does well in BG’s because we have range . Enh is melee and has little defenses and no instant stun . Not a good thing in BG’s.

I really enjoy Ele except it has no reliable root break and well you do not have earthgrab to get stealths…

Ele does not have earthgrab totem… it’s for Resto. We have nothing to unmask stealthie except cap totem and you must be a very slow Rogue if you get caught with that :joy:

Yeah that’s what I meant but missed the “not” lol. Ele just sits there and gets opened on. That’s horrible lol… I guess in rated stuff might not be a big deal since you have others but I am mostly a solo player so yuk. But otherwise fun spec.

Last week in Arathi Blizzard saw a Tauren Ret Pally (225) rack up a whopping 31 killing blows, also saw a different one (227) solo-hold the Stables versus 3-4 players for like 5 minutes :joy:

If the choice is between Ret and Warrior, go with Ret since they self-heal and can 1v2 or 1v3 with enough gear. They have like 2 “extra lives” when you factor in all their defensives and emergency buttons - it’s the obvious choice for casual bgs.

2 Likes

Ret is probably your best bet. It’s extremely easy to play atm. Warrior is arguably the best melee in the game atm, but usually only when paired with a healer who can babysit them a little. But if you have a healer friend, warrior is better than ret and not a lot harder to play.

lol Warrior. Go with the spec that can one shot (Ret)

*babysit them always, we get melted still.

Enhance offhealing is good but you have no get out of danger free cards like most classes. Enhance is not the way to go (I think they’ve been meta for rbgs in one expansion ever lol).

Ww you can fly away to get healed up, rogues can vanish to reset agro, warriors can intervene/leap away, ret has bubble/bop, dks being enemies out of position instead of going out of position.

For solo play I’d probably play ret/rogue.
If you have pocket heals go warrior/DK. Warrior+healer has been the best BG combo since classic lol

2 Likes

Lol, this is funny.

Even with that gear sometimes a ret just gets great rng and you still go splat.

1 Like

It isn’t untrue though. People tend to complain about rogue openers a lot, but they shouldn’t be killing anyone unless there’s a noticeable skill and/or gear gap. Both of these classes have very high skill caps, but they can also mow you over if you’re not ready or they severely outgear you.

There is a dumb one-shot build going around atm though, but I can’t imagine it being around for long.

1 Like

and theres been 3 builds like this since sl dropped. So much skillzzz required to play rogue.

2 Likes