Best Ally Race for Pally

Looking to use a 110 boost on a paladin as it’s the only class I don’t have currently. What race would be the best for PvP and PvE? I have all the allied races unlocked so those are options also.

Also, aesthetics matter a bit so if you have a cool looking pally xmog feel free to share! Dark iron female sounded so cool until I tried on plate sets in the dressing room :face_vomiting:

I am fabulous and have the best name.

7 Likes

You are fabulous there’s no denying that, but you are the bad guy faction friend :frowning:

2 Likes

I’d like to challenge your claim to having the best name. :relaxed:

2 Likes

I personally like the dwarves (either race) the most alliance side.

1 Like

Dark iron dwarves have the best racials. I just can’t stand the dwarf running animation. Not a fan of goats either - and their racials aren’t any better than humans. So human it was for me…

Edit: I’d pick Gnome if I could

4 Likes

Human racial is one of the best if not the best for holy Paladin. Each spec will have a different race that’s better, for example dwarves are better for prog, humans for holy and I believe LFD for ret (might be human now after the nerfs not sure).

Human spirit scales with stats so it’s decent and stays decent/gets better later on afaik.

I believe wowhead has a guide for races and which is best for each spec/class. However, you can just go with whatever race you want.

LF’d draenei /waggle

It does scale, but it’s such a tiny boost it’s really not that great. My prot paly has over 3000 secondary stats from gear (407 ilvl). 2% of that is a whopping 60 secondary stats. Not a massive boost, but sure… if that’s all we get? I’ll take it.

Edit: If you’re not tanking, it really doesn’t matter which race you pick. Otherwise Dark Iron Dwarf is the only choice that would make any real difference. Even then, it’s not crucial.

don’t quote me on this, but i think either dark irons or regular dwarves for alliance, then probably zandalari for horde.

Aesthetically:

Male: Human, hands down. Unless you like playing Dwarves. Even still though, Humans show off transmogs better than Dwarves do. Draenei males are awful.

Female: Both shades of female Draenei are bootyful. Very solid choices. Female humans are amazing too, and make much better Rets. They have the same weapon size as their male counterparts, but on a much smaller frame. It looks awesome seeing them wield massive two handers like the Ashbringer mastery appearance. Female Dwarves are meh.

Racials: Tbh you really shouldn’t be basing your choice on racials, though if I had to choose:

Dark Iron for Ret for both PvE and PvP.
Dwarf or Draenei for Prot PvE.
Dark Iron for Prot PvP.
Draenei for Holy PvE.
Human or Draenei for Holy PvP.

Fireblood has huge burst damage potential, especially so in PvP, less so in PvE.
Stoneform is a nice little damage reduction CD.
Gift of the Naaru is a nice, free heal.
Every Man for Himself has received a lot of nerfs, but isn’t completely bad in terms of being an extra trinket. It pairs well with Relentless.

2 Likes

Personally, I like and play human for all three specs. Dark Iron Dwarf would be a close second though imo.

Also submitting mine for best xmog.

bloodmallet(dot)com/index.html#paladin_retribution?data_view=races

If you want the best aesthetics, best lore, and best looking transmogs go human.

If you don’t want to be human go dark iron dwarf or regular dwarf.

1 Like

Personally really sad that trolls are paladins. Thanks God Classic is coming!!!

1 Like

Dwarf all the way. Plate looks great on them and both Dark Iron and regular dwarf racials have good sinergy with the class.

I rolled this Character long ago because I wanted to Try Paladins and I figured I’d try Dwarves.

Honestly, I HATE being this short.
I don’t care much for Draenei looks.

I was so hoping that Kul Tirans would get Paladins so I could change but no dice.

1 Like

Pretty sure you guys are the bad guy faction. Let me double check with my Warchief.

Yeah she said you’re wrong.

8 Likes

LFD is the coolest Alli paladin race.

I went Dark Iron! :sunglasses: