Benthiccc was good, execution was not

Just get rid of stamina on gear. Problem solved. It offers no interesting choice when gearing, it’s just there, and always increasing.

My opinion is somewhat more extreme. I’d rather they get rid of all numerical progression on gear, except ilvl. Gear would still have stats, but the stats would get bigger and bigger. Progression through PvE content, would then use ilvl as the mechanism for progression. A new raid tier would require +X ilvl (where X is currently 15 or so?) to do the same damage.

So…tier set bonuses like we had before?

That’s 100% worse than what we have now.

You want to change “Temporary system that lasts an expansion” to “temporary system that lasts a patch”.

At that point, let’s just do away with classes and gear all together, have a Hero selection screen and have people pick a hero for the match. We could rename the game to Overwatch, and turn it into a sort of FPS moba like game.

1 Like

I roughly agree with this.

For example, the “class order hall” set should have had an 8 piece set bonus that increased rewards from world quests by 50% or something along those lines to make it valuable for the duration of the expansion.

1 Like

Uh ? No you won’t.

Benthic maybe, but Benthic is an atrocious system that should die and stay dead. Never has “WQ” gear been this overpowered and never again should it be.

No, it really shouldn’t. It just sounds completely uninteresting to never get another upgrade ever again.

I dunno why people focus so much on HP. And it always increases so the new raid mobs can be more dangerous without being total pushovers since removing HP would mean that N’Zoth would have to do the same amount of damage as Taloc from Uldir. It also increases for PVP purposes so people aren’t walking around one-shotting each other.

And the gear would be upgradeable through the WQ system. So people have something to work on for the entirety of the expansion. Not saying it needs to be BFA fast. Anything but that. More a 6-12 month goal.

Tier set bonuses were never locked to a specific instance.

That’s not what we’re talking about. Upgradeable gear that has interesting choices that transcend expansions is what we mean.

1 Like

That’s actually awful. Imagine having a slot locked down and stuck farming currency to upgrade it over and over again, expansion after expansion.

1 Like

Which means once you get a good item, you’d never replace it.

I didn’t expect you to like it, TBH.

I don’t expect anyone to like it. It was literally a complaint about artifacts, being afraid we’d be stuck with them forever beyond Legion.

1 Like

No that’s not it either. When we talk about upgrade paths it’s basically either

1. A vanilla base item that gets affixes from your upgrades. Something that can be transformed entirely by components.
  2. A base item with set affixes that you can upgrade to BIS and transcends expansions but you need a different item for new base affixes.

So either way, it’s a different item when you need / want it.

So I’d need to farm 36-38 different sets of gear throughout an expansion?

3-4 pieces for every dungeon and raid and then do it all over again the next patch?

What ? No. Tier sets were never locked to raids or dungeons. That is what these guys want, I sure as heck don’t want that. Tier sets were just that : class bonuses on gear.

1 Like

So instead of getting a new item to replace the old one, you infinitely upgrade the item itself. You’re just shifting around the way upgrades work while making the system worse.

So explain to me the difference and why that is worse. Thanks.

1 Like

Imagine never having to run a raid or dungeon ever again for any gear, because all you do is WQ is farm currency to upgrade the gear you got 5 years prior.

Can you say “Dead game” ?

1 Like

Getting a new item is more exciting than taking an existing item and adding stats to it. And have you seen the complaints about grinding AP for weapons and the neck? You’d essentially be taking an already hated system and expanding that to every slot.

2 Likes