Half the Playerbase is gone?

Remember, this forum is NA. We all play the game in NA, including the OCE, BR and LA realms. We only see pops in NA. So if people here in these forums are reacting to what they see in-game, the sub base is much smaller.

?? I’m also in North America. Sargeras

I dont really listen to Bellular. He has an opinion and most of the time, I dont agree with it.

I agree that sub numbers spike high during a new expansion and it subsides after few months. It’s been like that since the first Expansion.

the LFR mindset killed the community and its just not worth putting up with for a damn game

The “4 million” subscribers who are still around might be heavily weighted in China. Or they might not.

If the amount of people in a certain region who have left was disproportionately higher, players in that region would feel the effects of de-populated servers more than other regions. The question should be do all regions have the same % declines in monthly subs. The Superdata data was for NA+EU.

1 Like

Expansion theme is bad. It’s not WoW anymore. We don’t go to azeroth. No difference between horde and alliance minus the races. Replay value of leveling and zones is horrible. The m+ kiting meta is bad. The enormous amount of time you have to put on resources (anima, stygia,ash). Loot sucks. Covenant balance is bad. Putting powers into legendaries is a bad idea. Story is bad and uninspired.

Its a bad expansion all around.

13 Likes

So you want solo content that rewards gear like M+? I don’t think Blizzard wants to design this game to cater to solo play. It’s never been that way so you’re playing the wrong game if you want endgame rewards from solo play. There’s much better Single Layer RPGs out there.

This isn’t it.

1 Like

The problem with the sub spikes and subsequent drop is that it starts for feel normal.

Once it’s normal and they’ve optimized the income around it, then they run with it, which isn’t good for the players who keep playing year round.

Classic “why 15 year old game not the exact same since launch? angerrrry >:(((”

Nobody’s saying it has to be the exact same. We’d settle for not ruined.

Their point on radically changing it every expansion and resetting progression is true, though. We’re level 60 - in Classic and Shadowlands.

1 Like

he did another video talking about how good the expansion was going to be.

:woman_shrugging:

When did Blizz start posting sub numbers again?

https://youtu.be/eMhF6TKRnPM?t=713
on the day blizzard will give us stuff like this for nightborne and more stuff for allied races, solo queues for rated pvp and more loot drop chances the playbase will bump in numbers

We are not getting anymore customization in Shadowlands. Ion said so.

thats why many leaving…
ion said 3 years ago if there is any allied race that lacks features give feedback and we will work on it
3 years of nightborne players giving feedback because the race feels unfinished then they eat up their own words
no wonder the backlash on this subject + the sub dropping

2 Likes

What I feel is 100% unjustifiable on Blizzards end is the nerf / buff of classes, covenants and legendaries after people have purchased said items and huge time invested. This is not right as it is the core feature but you are STILL changing things around, how in the hell is this even fair to paying customers. I feel it’s a tactic to keep ppl playing and if lawsuits could be involved, you as a shady company, deserve to be fully served one. Your tactics are obvious and disgusting. Also I find it sad to false advertise things like cosmetics only to lie and say, nope, WE, are good on them after everyone has purchased the hard copy

4 Likes

Well said I agree 1000% sick of items in this game given then taken away as well.

2 Likes

I am 100% biased but if you ask me the issue is they turned the game into something it’s not starting after Warlords (technically before, but WoD still felt closer to the old design than what we have now). I don’t care how “popular” M+ is, it’s a god awful concept that spits on true RPG design by encouraging speedrunning as a core design when almost everyone despised the speedrunning mindset in dungeons before. People lamented in Wrath that they missed TBC dungeons. Cata gave hard dungeons (which showed LFG had its issues) and when they nerfed them people complained. MOP went somewhat back to the Wrath style (not as bad IMHO) and people complained that dungeons were being speedrun again. I don’t remember WOD to be honest. So where did the team get the idea that people WANTED speedrunning?

Their class design is closer to an action game than an RPG, presumably because the players have ADHD and God forbid combat be slower paced.

The encounter design has gone way over the top too more closely resembling an action game or sometimes a bullet hell shooter. Now obviously you need mechanics; nobody wants Molten Core design today, but they’ve jumped the shark trying to innovate where innovation isn’t required. What, exactly, was wrong with the way encounters were in cataclysm or mists? Those encounters certainly had mechanics but there was nothing usually too crazy like we have now. where did they get the idea that they have to constantly try and do themselves.

Improvement was needed, not innovation, and somewhere along the line the current team lost sight of what made WoW, well, WoW. The game we have now is WoW in name only.

8 Likes

I agree with Bellular. The problem is there is a definite point where the game stops being rewarding. Also, with scaling, you don’t feel a sense of progression anyway. It doesn’t feel good playing any of the classes to me. This xpac was fun during the Night Fae campaign (the first time) but I have no desire to do it again on any of my alts and I’m not really even interested in the other covenant stories. This xpac falls way short of Legion. I have more fun in the forums, talking about what the game could be, than actually playing it at this point.

6 Likes

Every expansion has a drop off after the first few months…

1 Like