Believe its the last straw for me

People are resisting still in WoW just so long as not game related things are holding them. Because at this point, there is nothing to say Blizzard is doing any effort to make things to attract new players.

New player experience is trash, and this is all over the place, but the “returning” and “veteran” player content is slowly rotting away too.

While I dont think the MT is made “wrong”, or “overtunned”, I do think the presentation is bad.

Some of the finer points could be made clear as many raids are, and you could be told some about the actual technique needed to make it “easier”.

However, the enjoyment of the content still questionable. It is as if this new team just throw things in and tell people “go, fetch. Who’s a good boy/girl ?”. Or in other words, disrespecting your time and intellect as if you were some pet being treated by your “masters”.

15 Likes

It’s very disappointing and I am with you. I have been working on Xylem on DH for over 300 attempts. Only people I’ve seen complete are mythic raiders, but this challenge was never advertised as something that was available only to the 10%. It was clearly facetious of them to buff the difficulty after having a much easier PTR challenge. Just sad.

12 Likes

I like saying I left wow for FF, but it is just to sting people who dont like it.
But I was fine playing both games, and if things were not bad in WoW by themselves, nothing would prevent me from keep playing both games. As most people would, despite the “trend” from YT talking about it.

BTW, if you dont know, Bellular, Preach, Pyro, are crap in FF. What they say is mostly nonsense, and they are under some illusion as for many aspects of FF they dont understand and have a clouded judgment based on WoW mentality. Their “contribution” is hardly to be taken seriously if you want to know what playing FF is like.

No, actually, I stopped playing WoW and this time not to go back because one simple thing I noticed, and that had nothing to do with anything else but WoW new developments:

• I found out WoW disrespects my time and charge for it.

I always knew some of these stuff, it is not FF that revealed it to me. However, as the topic says and the idea goes, each thing alone do not make a huge impact, the problem is all of them at the same time.

I know since the I played Guild Wars that WoW disrespects my progression. Reason being it is one of the few games, none of them I played but WoW, in which you get gear and it becomes “uselessER” after a while. Any game will have new content that needs new gear, but here is the thing: In WoW old content cannot be done after a while with the gear it was first designed to. Hell, even gear I had in old toons when I came back after a hiatus were both not suitable to go on, and some I couldnt even use because they were changed in class requirements. Eg.: I had a cloak in one character I spent 1 year off, and that cloak was equipped but with a red line and among the classes wasnt the one that toon WEARING IT was. Guild Wars you stop playing, you come back 2 years later, and what you were doing still possible to be done the same way it was before.

This goes as a pervasive thing throughout the game. Everything is made not only obsolete but useless, and in time you are faced with the realization that all the time you played, and all the sub you paid worth nothing, and you are as good as your last grind.

This would not be a problem at WotLK, or Cata, because it was “only gear”, and you could just use your “Ketchup Gear” while questing. But then, after that, all the stuff you need to regrind to have, and the experience you have if you had to change from EU to NA, and face the fact that instead of reutilizing your old character, you are better off making a new one, and on that, you realize a lot of stuff you did and have fond memories and pride on doing today means nothing at all.

And then the thing about these new developments.

The game today is not complex, it is not hard, it is convoluted. Lore was remade to be not interesting, not complex, just convoluted. The game itself just makes things tedious and “smash button requiring” rather than an actual challenge you would be interested in investing time to learn and repeat. MT is a good example of that. You dont really need some skill or experience to do it, you just need to bruteforce. Meaning, you wont have a “clever indication of what you have to do”, you just keep doing multiple things until one works, because there is no sign, no indication or no reason it needs to be done that way, it is just that it happens to be that way. (Meaning, there is no logic you can know about powers and abilities that tell you what to do).

And after a while, this game became just a Sisyphus rock, not a Herculean task.

FF just happens not to be better than wow, but is better than it was before, so I see no reason to stop playing it, but I see reason to stop playing wow. It is not showing it will get better anytime soon, and showing it might even get worse.

5 Likes

And who knows when the next content update will be since they are busy striking.

Ah, memories. This character was a 101 twink in Legion, when I did mostly world content and dungeons, and BfA, when I did some PvP. Come shadowlands I logged in and found that all of my gear was not only nerfed greatly but broken. My ilvl was like 12, all my gear red and unusable because they had increased the minimum level requirement to equip.

Meanwhile I had a lvl80 character in an old account in GW2, when I logged in, it was exactly the same it was before, and I could even go on from there.

I think WoW loses a lot from this, because many returning players might not want to do everything they need to do to merely “get started” if they leave the game for too long.

And new players, it is honestly shocking when you just make a new account and try to “be a new player”. Even if you already know the game and start with a certain experience, still very confusing and “mostly reliant on acquired knowledge”, for you to not get simply “going through the motions” and only keep going because “you know it eventually get better”. The thing is: Real new players ? Those wont know it eventually get better. For them, that is what the game offers.

Well, here’s someone who didn’t use all of that old gear. Maybe this will help? I know it’s not a solution to their stupidity concerning this whole fiasco, but it may help.

2 Likes

I’m upset. I want to do the legion M+ keys but I’m trapped trying to finish MT theres not enough damn time. This should just be made a permanent addition…its bs to put it in for 2 weeks every 6 months.

5 Likes

Nope, they really didn’t. All you guys were looking at, and wanted, were those pretty appearances. Not a single thought about what went into getting them. Just a constant barrage of “bring back the mage tower”.

Well, they brought it back, all the aspects of it including limited access, and now you know what you were asking for. This response from the community is why I for one, wanted them to develop a new but similar design.

It was designed to challenge you, it was designed to be like a heroic raid boss you smash your face into over and over until you figure out the mechanics, which can take weeks in case you’ve never been there. It was never a loot piñata, and it should never become one.

Now flag me up Scotty, I’m ready.

1 Like

No you’re wrong even they admitted they overturned it. If you stop smoking the copium you’ll be able to see it.

7 Likes

It’s not similar to a heroic raid boss. A heroic raid boss you try over and over and re-clear after mastering the mechanics. My Sylvanas kill took me around 70 attempts with my guild. I am at over 300 attempts on Xylem. It is tuned closer to a mythic raid boss, whose world-first kill you down after having both mastered the mechanics, cheesed with funneled gear, and had luck on the RNG aspects of procs, random mechanic spawns, and critical/non-critical effects.

This doesn’t suit the time-limited aspect nor does it ring true to the way it was advertised and presented on the PTR.

1 Like

It was designed to be out for half of an expansion, not two weeks.

okay buddy boy, go try Xylem on a Havoc DH and come back to me with that same exact attitude. im not upset over the mechanics, im upset that my 240 ilvl gear wont do the job :slight_smile:
100% overtuned past a heroic raid. AoTC on most of my alts during (almost) any given patch since SoO, skipped out on raiding CN because the entire shard system is just BS. Heroic raiding isnt new to me. This challenge in particular is only made to be finished by MDI level players as stands. beat xylem as havoc then come run ur mouth :))))))

look up other peoples kill attempts. Stop being a baby. i’ll rekill it on stream for you so you understand why youre doing so poorly. twitch.tv/backhairisbeautiful ill be online in 10 minutes.

2 Likes

Hey!
First of all, I absolutely feel for you; the fact that there are 9months in between patches, yet we’re all paying $15/mo for no content releases is absurd. At that point it’s literally like paying $135 for… Literally just the mage tower, and covenant swapping which was a feature that should’ve been in the game from the start.

That all being said, all of the mage towers ARE doable in slands gear… But havoc dh is absolutely one of the hardest. Idk if this is the best strat, but I sent meta and potion on pull and tried to get xylem below 70% as fast as possible. Because from 70-30 he stays in his arcane school and will either cast the shadow barrage (easy to dodge) or do the mirror images, which you can wait until the last second to phase out of and keep killing images for full heals.

This gives you the time you need for your CDs to come back up for p2 and helps you stay alive because the mirror image bubbles fully heal you.

I hope that helps!

you think i havent watched Dratnos guide multiple times??? lol grow up i just watched you say word for word that “its really hard for you to recover your health even with meta up” on a VOD dude. im doing all the same exact things you are but you have fancy gems, enchants, and all the consumables; bye :slight_smile:

i got better at the fight…with practice…imagine that. what a novel concept right? You’re legitimately a huge baby other people have gotten, boss up and power through. You’re clearly not as good as you think you are. rival and ksm are pretty casual achievements.

I’ve got about 1 to 3 choices in my weekly vault every week since 9.1 drops. While 1 to 3 choices aren’t really that many, with this many weeks, you’d think I’d get some variety. But no, this entire season, all the choices I’ve been presented so far are helm, shoulders, chest, or rings. Nothing for any other slots. Nil!

I also agree with your previous post about the new player experience. I’ve been trying to get some friends who have never tried WoW to play with me (because it’s impossible to convince other friends who used to play to come back!), and none of them stick around for more than a week. Some of them coming from other games immediately recognize that the developers for this game do not respect player’s time at all! They may not frame it that way, but things like “Why is boar liver not a guarantee loot drop? Do some boars not have liver?” And when a simple quest requires you to put in more effort than the game designer spent time designing the quest, it puts new players off. Additionally, new players don’t have heavy time and emotional investment in the game yet, so it’s extremely easy for them to just drop the game.

For existing players, this tier alone multiple guilds (most AotC guild, one CE guild) my main and alts are in fell apart due to players leaving the game. I really don’t think this is lawsuit related because this did not happen immediately after the lawsuit.

Lastly, the game developers absolutely not only lack respect for players’ time but they simply lack basic understanding of ethical business conduct. Lawsuit aside, bugs that cause store xmog to disappear randomly are still around after years and reported several times. But what did they do? They chose to close the reports and show no sign of care to find out more or fixing them. Meanwhile, they continue to sell more items in store while this serious bug still exists. As someone who is a software engineer, if I had the same attitude, I’d be without a job.

1 Like

In before “CE are pretty casual achievements”… get your face out of bliss’s behind… your tongue is brown :thinking:

Recycled old content with reskins for transmogs is not new content!