Behsten Missing from Stormwind Keep

Good day! I’m trying to disable experience gains for my 30th level paladin, but Behsten is missing from Stormwind Keep. I’ve done the basic introductions for BFE, Legion, and Shadowlands. The Keep should be back to normal, but the NPC is missing. Can anyone tell me exactly which expansions randomly delete these vital and unrelated NPCs from the Keep, please? And what all I might have to do on my end to get the Keep back to the “normal” version which should have them, please?

I play on Wyrmrest Accord.

This Dwarf is currently standing in front of that NPC.

Might try a reload of your UI and / or rename the usual suspects in the WoW folders and restarting the game. Disable your addons as well.

If he re-appears, restart your addons one at a time to see if it is one of those that is causing the issue.

Good luck

1 Like

Thank you for that suggestion. I didn’t think of trying that. The Archeologist is also missing, so I’m guessing that I’m in a randomly different version of Stormwind Keep that these two completely unrelated NPCs were deleted. I’ve seen other posts suggest grouping with someone that has the correct version of the Keep available to them to use the Experience Disabler in group. Does anyone know for certain if that would actually work? I’ll try disabling the addons, though, for certain.

1 Like

It depend on if they are missing or phased.

If you have partially done opening quests for Legion, BfA, or Shadowlands, you could have a phased keep. Even if you picked them up and the dropped them.

1 Like

I did the Legion staged sequence, the attack on the Keep, and working it through to receive the teleportation stone. I did BFA to the point of unlocking the portals. Then I did Shadowlands to the point of entering the Maw. I stopped doing any progression for any of these expansions at these points and have zero quests for any of them currently. I’m pretty certain that I did all of these things with other characters and had no issues reverting the Keep back to its “normal” version. Any ideas where I went wrong with this character? Or what I might need to do on my end to properly use this function that is currently deleted?

Edit: I see that this post was moved from Customer Support to the Quest forum. To be very clear, it is intended design to have quests delete completely unrelated NPCs that perform vital game services? Before I get too invested in any Horde characters, will I end up needing to do a deep web search to figure out an exact path and order of doing quests so that I don’t end up screwing over a character’s development there, too? Does Slahtz get completely deleted on multiple occasions for the Horde, too?

Edit II: I started a new character and followed the exact steps that I made with the screwed 30th level paladin. The only thing that I didn’t do was start the Shadowlands campaign. I left that one alone and all of the NPCs that offer various services within Stormwind Keep are there as they should be. Following the Shadowlands campaign up through completing the Through the Shattered Sky quest (entering the Maw) ends up deleting these nonrelated and vital NPCs, along with other things in Stormwind Keep. I’ve seen bug reports for other problems that this introduction causes within the Keep, though those bug reports were for deleted quest NPCs and objects that were required for some quests. I’ll file a bug report for this and hope that customer service might be able to assist with this problem.