Behavior warning for boosting

You are wasting your breath at this point. They aren’t going to accept anything that doesn’t fit their narrative.

And? I’m not reporting them for selling as a person or a guild. I’m reporting them for potential involvement in organised selling.

The fact that I consider selling carries to be one of the most destructive things in WoW is neither here nor there, and the fact that people doing so might get banned in the process is a happy coincidence for me, but neither delegitimizes the original intent.

I can’t stop you; Blizzard can and does reverse reports here all the time. As I said; your opinion of my reports is absolutely meaningless to me. I don’t care that you think it is a false flag. You can crow about it until the cows come home. Until such a point that Blizzard takes an action that clarifies one way or the other, yours is an opinion the same as mine. You are free to disagree; I am free to report for what I consider to be a potential breach of ToS.

Everyone has a personal motive; pretending that yours is any more valid is nonsensical. We are all fighting for our own version of the game.

While we encourage you to report players that are behaving in a disrespectful manner, falsely reporting another player with the sole intent of restricting their gameplay is also unacceptable and will result in penalties to your account.

Did you read your social contract ?

I’m not fighting for anything other than the facts, and you are leaving those out to pursue your own narrative.

This is probably the dumbest leap of mental gymnastics I’ve seen since… that lady called 911 on people BBQing in a public park.

2 Likes

I disagree with your opinion that the report is false. You accuse me of not being able to read, but fail to comprehend the very thing you post?

As I have said multiple times, the primary intent in the report is to bring attention to the likelyhood of organizational motivation behind any given advertisement. The fact that they may be banned as a result is a secondary benefit.

Did you read your social contract?

It’s not a matter of opinion at this point. Blizzard confirmed Players and guilds can sell services, any report of such individuals is a false report.

So basically, now all that’s left with your lies by omission is this :

Obviously he did… he posted the relevant part to you. Duh.

1 Like

So, when the post gets flagged, and then overtly unflagged by Blizzard, will you then accept that as confirmation that you were incorrect? Because that’s the logical progression of your point here.

We don’t have an impact, but neither do you. Thankfully. The facts will remain within the ToS regardless, and you are free to delude yourself as much as you’d like. If our opinions really didn’t matter to you, you would have stopped responding already. :slight_smile:

The only narrative you are pushing forth is a nonsense conspiracy theory based off zero evidence and just your own personal opinions on a activity that has been ALLOWED by Blizzard since Vanilla. But yeah you go with your bad self.

Don’t care what you find relevant or irrelevant.
The fact of the matter is you use the report system as a weapon to intentionally harass players who are engaging in a activity that is allowed. You are literally the person calling the police because people are in a public park.

The OP making this thread begs to differ. Your opinions don’t matter to me; the outcome does. As has now been proven by the existence of this thread, reports lead to warnings for the behaviors we want to see stopped. It’s also fun to rub your noses in it a little bit, given the complete lack of outcomes for your side, and the now proven outcomes for mine.
:slight_smile:

Maybe people are just reporting him because they don’t like the entire boosting economy?

I really don’t care one way or the other, but it’s hard to ignore the fact that the game has changed a lot over the last 15 or so years, once upon a time it was super taboo to buy a run or buy gear, if a person pumped a heap of real life money into buying gold and then used that gold to pay for runs, that person would have been a pariah on the server lol

There are probably a lot of people around these days that don’t even realize how bad of a look it was back in the day and wouldn’t understand why someone would dislike their behavior out of the blue like that? I’m not saying it’s right for some old school bitter type to report someone that isn’t actually breaking the rules, just trying to understand why the OP would be getting this type of attention at all (outside of the usual reasons like reporting for spamming macro too often or whatever).

All it proved was that the report system can be abused. The activities in question are not against the rules, so long as it is done for in game gold by individuals or a guild. Nothing you say or do will change that. It’s in the ToS. If anything, you are proving the point that I stated at the start of this post, which is that the report system can be abused. You are part of the problem, not the solution. You claim ownership over a moral high ground that doesn’t exist at all under your feet. You’ve got no leg or ground to stand on here.

So is posting about said thread.

For it to be considered abuse, your opinion would have to proven factual. Until such a time that Blizzard does so, it remains your opinion, and nothing more.

I don’t claim moral high ground at all; I specifically said the opposite. Nobody in this discussion is arguing with any basis besides their own selfish interest in the direction of the game. I’m winning, you’re not.

Calling it abuse does not make it such. The leg that I have to stand on is the one based on Blizzard’s actions, which are nonexistent in support of your position.

That was an awful lot of words used to say absolutely nothing at all.

And this was far fewer words to also say nothing at all.

Why? Because the entire discussion is, again, nothing at all. Utterly irrelevant.

There is what Blizzard does, and there is what Blizzard doesn’t do.

Blizzard doesn’t ban people for reporting people for potential organised carry selling. Blizzard does issue behavior warnings for people engaged in potential organised carry selling. The rest is selfish position jockeying.

Squelches are automated.

If you don’t boost, noone can report you for it.