Behavior warning for boosting

I have no plans for a holiday. Like I said; Blizzard already filters words it deems inappropriate; piss and crap are not among them.

The fact that you don’t like the words is entirely your problem.

The initial squelch is automated, then every one of them gets investigated by a person and either removes the wquelch or takes permant action on the account.

Blizzard employees do though.

You remind me of Satan with this reprehensible behavior. Boosting for gold keeps me up at night and I pray for the Lord to shield myself from darkness, that neither me nor my children ever buy a carry for gold.

If youre a 2k io player advertising for your “guild’s” carry crew for 16-20’s then technically its against ToS. Since you’re not the one carrying anyone.

Seen too many carry posts in trade by 2000-2200 io players claiming easy carry farms on 16-20’s…

As a personal vendetta against carries for gold i always report trade advertising and lfg posts selling “carries”.

I report everyone i see advertising in /2 but i just left /5 and live and let live.

1 Like

blizzard added a report function for boosting in chat reports.

should they report you because you are potentially trying to squash competitors by reporting them?

according to this blue post it very much is allowed, as long as it isn’t for some cross-realm community/organization

1 Like

I only report the RMT sites in 5. OP is legal even though it’s controversial. As long as he’s a small operation and not spamming it’s probably okay to ad in 5, not spamming but every few mins if it isn’t dead is fine.

Well, people love to talk about boosting, but:

• If someone else being boosted bothers you, the reason is that either you are jealous, or you demand that people boost you and for that you need everyone else to only bear good gear if they know how to use it.

No way around it.

If you do not rely on strangers to get your own crap, it doesnt matter how boosted they are. So stop making moral grandstanding.

Tbh, Blizzard lost this battle if you think about it. They were forced to bow down and allow gold for carries to happen because they just couldn’t stop it anymore. Right? Because this wasn’t a thing before at all. It was frowned upon infact if someone said that they brought a carry in a game.

I know that some people have less time or whatever and want to spend their money whatever way possible but I am just thinking about how or why it came to be so. Mostly because Blizzard couldn’t stop it anymore, right?

1 Like

where were you advertising?

I recently had an issue of someone taking my gold and a run was never given to me. I ticketed the person involved so as to report them for the stealing however.

Blizzard’s stance is that it is an unsupported in game gold transaction, and reimbursements through the system will not take place in fact there is a support forum note for this such situation. Basically because it takes place using the defined systems of the games it does not technically break TOS. However they have taken the stance of not being the middleman in disputes related to the activity.

they will take the users gold from the bad actor and then punish them but it will not be returned.

while I find this to be offensive that they would operate the support of this like this it is 100% not going to change.

basically this would be like if a thief stole the mona lisa and instead of returning it to the luvre interpol just puts the thief in jail an destroys the mona lisa.

ulitmately as long as the actions were spoken clearly and the exchange is in gold only and handled in game only it does not technically break TOS but is frowned upon.

tho I think mythic guilds who need this income should have this be something that is supported by the game in a more protected manner for all the players. something in the LFG interface would actually cut down on all this if basically payment goes into the lfg interface and as long as the agreed bosses die the players gold is given.

oh well gl on this

2 Likes

:joy: :dracthyr_love_animated: :partying_face:

Blizzard brains lol

Scamming people is against the rules and punishable, actually, because I’ve known a few keystone sellers who’d just take the gold and lob buyers and later had their accounts actioned.

I mean the way people go about this is by finding reputable groups or guilds.

There are restrictions for the ads. If you’re getting actioned then you’re not advertising per Blizzards rules… So no I will continue to report each and everyone of you that doesn’t conform to the requirements.

And yet, it was clarified that it didn’t apply to individuals or guilds.

You’re much too smart to be wasting that on an argument like this.

The only reasonable moral problem to have with boosting is the WoW Token, which is not a problem with boosting. It’s a problem with P2W.

Should be though

1 Like

I am God’s instrument to protect you from this evil.

Jesus said to give me all your gold to remove the temptation.

I spam Pokimane copy pastas every day in trade chat. i wake up with that warning notification every single day. nothing happens

As someone who quit during MoP and came back for Dragonflight, frankly I’m of the belief that boosting should be 100% against tos. Kind of kills the soul of the game.

Inb4, I’m sure someone has a couple paragraphs as to why I’m in the wrong here, and I respect your opinion but mine will remain the same. It is what it is, people do it now and that’s not changing. Just sad to see as a returning player from a time where this kind of thing was frowned on.

1 Like

NOPE because they advertise for boosting for gold, then in discord comes the rub for money.

REPORT EM ALL, let Blizz sort them out.

1 Like