Behavior warning for boosting

Link ?

Because :

Nothing about boosting.

(iii) performing in-game services including, without limitation, account boosting or power-leveling, in exchange for payment;

So again, nothing about boosting for gold, only RMT.

Didn’t actually read it did you ?

This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency. However, “boosting communities”, especially those who operate across multiple realms, are no longer permitted.

Maybe we should report you for trolling the thread ?

surely there are real and true humans checking out the reports and no action will be taken automatically Kappa

That’s the sad part, the reporters should be suspended for wasting GM time so maybe they’ll think twice next time.

Highlighted the important part you overlooked.

From the original blue post:

Organizations operating across multiple realms and excessively advertising non-traditional in-game sales are contrary to the terms and conditions of the Blizzard End-User License Agreement (EULA).

This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency. However, “boosting communities”, especially those who operate across multiple realms, are no longer permitted.

We urge all such organizations to cease doing business in World of Warcraft immediately, in order to maintain uninterrupted access to the game.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation that it works! Time to increase my reporting activities against people ruining the game!

Unless you’re soloing the dungeon for them you’re in a group of 2 or more people, which clearly meets the requirements for the definition of an organisation. Whether or not it is one or not, I leave to Blizzard; I just do the reporting to bring it to their attention.

If it doesn’t get them banned? Oh well, too bad, so sad, enjoy the report anyway!

the wording was specifically targeting boosting discord servers and websites that operate across multiple realms

“This policy update does not restrict individuals or guilds from using the provided in-game tools (“trade channel” chat) to buy or sell in-game items or activities for in-game currency. However, “boosting communities”, especially those who operate across multiple realms, are no longer permitted.”

1 Like

They know this. But they think it should be bannable, and they’re hoping if they falsely report you enough they can get you banned by mistake.

Honest Question. Do we all think the forums is productive to the actual game?

And yet, can be simply interpreted to mean any organization, and any advertisement for a carry can be potentially a front for an external organisation, whether overtly advertising as such or not.

The only way to be sure, is to report and leave it to Blizzard to confirm or deny.

As an added byproduct, it might also inconvenience a carrier as well; added bonus.

When times are good, not really. When times are bad, absolutely. Right now, I think we are in the “times are good” phase, so it is just chaos without any reason behind it.

Yes, because it provides a place for players to blow off steam. And Blizzard can keep track of forum outrage that coincides with mass unsubbing so they can deal with this promptly to stop the bleeding.

But I guess that would depend for you on your definition of “productive”. Does your definition of a “productive forum” involve having all posts appear as though they were written by a pr subcontractor and posted by shadow accounts run by blizzard marketing?

They have clarified exactly what they consider to be rule-breaking. Your “interpretation” sounds like an excuse to falsely report. I always figure that people who try to incite others to falsely report have something to hide that they think might be overlooked while blizzard is busy investigating those red herrings you reported.

Exactly. You falsely report in hope that a player you know is not breaking any rules might be banned in error.

Organisation means Boosting communities.

Blizzard are very clear that boosting services from players and guild is OK.

It can’t because Kaivax literally included a paragraph that says it doesn’t.

Do you like not know how to read ?

This would easily fix itself with Blizzard enforcing it’s false flag policy.

Imagine these people stalking Trade (Services) to flag suddenly got a 3 month suspension. That would stop real quick and free up the GM queue for real flags.

1 Like

I don’t care what you think my intent is, nor do I care what your opinion is.

Your opinion that my report is false is utterly meaningless to me. You have zero say in the outcome of my report.

Players and guilds are not mutually exclusive with organizations. Like I said; any advertisement is potentially an organization front. That you disagree with me is utterly meaningless; I report; Blizzard decides. As the OP has now proven, it is worthwhile to continue doing.

1 Like

But are EXPLICITLY allowed to sell boost services for gold, as CONFIRMED by BLIZZARD.

So you false flag maliciously, got it.

Maybe I’m just going to Flag all your posts here for trolling. Since you know, that’s kind of what you’re doing.

1 Like

You are wasting your breath at this point. They aren’t going to accept anything that doesn’t fit their narrative.

And? I’m not reporting them for selling as a person or a guild. I’m reporting them for potential involvement in organised selling.

The fact that I consider selling carries to be one of the most destructive things in WoW is neither here nor there, and the fact that people doing so might get banned in the process is a happy coincidence for me, but neither delegitimizes the original intent.

I can’t stop you; Blizzard can and does reverse reports here all the time. As I said; your opinion of my reports is absolutely meaningless to me. I don’t care that you think it is a false flag. You can crow about it until the cows come home. Until such a point that Blizzard takes an action that clarifies one way or the other, yours is an opinion the same as mine. You are free to disagree; I am free to report for what I consider to be a potential breach of ToS.

Everyone has a personal motive; pretending that yours is any more valid is nonsensical. We are all fighting for our own version of the game.

While we encourage you to report players that are behaving in a disrespectful manner, falsely reporting another player with the sole intent of restricting their gameplay is also unacceptable and will result in penalties to your account.

Did you read your social contract ?