Beginning Warlord's Command (Ony Attunement)

Character: Donjoy (Level 60 Orc Hunter)
Classic Realm: Stalagg
Quest: Warlord’s Command
Issue: Warlord Goretooth will not hand over the item, “Warlord Goretooth’s Command,” when I speak to him and click through his dialogue. The item is required to start the quest chain for Ony Attunement.

All guides simply say to talk to Goretooth to begin the quest.

Already completed this on my main character with no issues. I am trying to think of any Pre-Req quests to begin this quest chain for Ony Attunement.

-Saved Princess in BRD - Check (don’t believe it is required)
-Killed Overmaster Pyron - Check (told this might be required, but unsure)

-Tried with no addons
-Went to every NPC in the quest chain with the thought that I may have started this already, and was further along in the chain than I believed.

I opened a ticket, and the first response was from a GM who obviously did not read my issue. I was clear about my issue at hand. He gave me some hint for obtaining the Blackrock documents in LBRS. When I reopened the ticket, I was then given a generic Copy & Paste response from “BlizzardCS” that was of no help.

In the hopes of not causing any problems, I will refrain from attaching the ticket (downloaded HTML) to this forum post.

Thank you to anyone who may be able to help.

1 Like

You haven’t stated what level or faction your character is. Surely it’s not an Alliance level 71 mage. You likely cannot speak to Goretooth if you are Alliance. You must be Horde and at least level 55. When you speak to him, begin the dialog and click through it to the end. After that, you should have an item in your bag that looks like an envelope called “Warlord Goretooth’s Command”. Right click that item to begin the quest chain.

Thank you for the response. I figured it was a given that I am on a classic server, having posted in the classic support discussion, and said the specific classic server that I am currently on.

Warlord’s Command is a Horde Only quest for the attunement. As I mentioned, I have already completed the attunement on my main character (same faction), and this does not include my time spent playing the game back in Vanilla.

I posted this, and only realized after that my really old character is being represented as my forum name. Does it matter? And, don’t really know how to change it. Kind of silly regardless.

My hunter is level 60 and currently has the Leaf to begin my epic Bow quest. And yet, I have not been able to begin my attunement. My original ticket was submitted almost a week ago.

I believe I have been very clear on my issue at hand, and the steps I have taken to assure I have done everything right. When I click through Goretooth’s Dialogue (yes all the way through), he still does not give me the item. I will say again, I have done this with and without add-ons.

EDIT: I will specify that I am a level 60 (horde) hunter if that helps…

Do you have the item Warlord Goretooth’s Command in your bags or maybe in your bank?
You can’t search your bags in Classic so sometimes it’s difficult to find things. Happened to me more times than I’d like to admit >.<

Also, is your inventory full?

Its definitely in his bank.

Did you figure this one out? I have the same issue!!!

If you have the item [Warlord Goretooth’s Command] in you bags or in your bank, he won’t give it to you again.