Been inactive due to broken PC lost guild leadership, current leader won't give back

I feel like anybody who “loses” a guild to inactivity should never have had leadership. This whole thing is very easily avoidable, even by people taking breaks.

1 Like

in my case, he made sure to demote everyone so he couldnt be dethroned. 10 years later, he still hasnt come back and the bank is unusable, no one can recruit and the guild name (which was a cool name and now its stuck in limbo) is not usable for a new guild since it still exists lol

if the ranks 2-4 are empty, guild wont be lost, yes.

Nothing can do, blizzard will not give it back to you.

Nah. None of my friends play pc games.

I’ve only ever played on laptops, and when I upgrade I generally give the old one away if it still works.

Yep. Tragic, that.

So the OP had the best interests of the Guild in mind when their computer crapped out and they didn’t bother making someone they could trust the new GM?

This whole thing sounds like BS to me.

3 Likes

If you only have 1 pc and it craps out, how do you expect to get on to promote someone?

1 Like

And that’s why you have officer’s that can handle things while you’re away. This issue was fully avoidable.

1 Like

it ain’t got nothing to do with bad leadership the person was the lowest rank in the guild and still did it lol. should they have gave control up to someone they trusted sure but its clear they had no clue how stuff worked. blizz should never let lowest rank in a guild be able to take over a guild thats hilarious lol.

I wholeheartedly agree. A guild is the players IMHO not the actual nameplate and ingame items. If that’s all you join a guild for then you aren’t part of the guild. 11 months is too long. I get the 3 month cap. Makes sense.

By being a decent enough human being and picking up a phone and calling someone “hey my PC is dead do you have anything you can loan me?”

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Lot of people don’t have that option.

1 Like

well its clear they didn’t know how the system worked if any lowest level of the guild trys to take over it should not happen thats freaking laughable lol.

they dont have the option to call their friends?

I have 0 local friends, you don’t know their situation.

Think about it for a moment. I’ll wait.

one of my officers stole the guild, the bank, demoted everyone, made the tabard ugly and changed the rank titles to insults. then, he quit.

p.s. not the guild i’m in now. i decided guild ownership was not my cup of tea lol

You could have called me. How does your guild not have each other’s contact info?

1 Like

LOL so true. How about Discord?