Been inactive due to broken PC lost guild leadership, current leader won't give back

I don’t think there’s anything you CAN do, if you lost the GL position due to inactivity that’s working as intended, and I’m pretty sure Blizzard’s policy is to stay out of disputes among players. If there’s any hope at all for you it’s the ticket you put in, but if I was you I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

I know it sucks, but sometimes the only thing you can do is move on.

I had this happen to me a few months ago.

I’ve been waiting on the 4090’s to put together a new build when my GPU died. One of my Guildies sent me an old 3050 he had lying around to get me through.

I just sent it back to him now that the new build is up and running.

3 Likes

Lot of people without enough income to spend extra on pc parts in the world right now.

I bought like 10 1060 6gbs JUST for people in your position. I send it with a note: Send it back or pay it forward but don’t just sell it please.

1 Like

did you ever bother just asking around?

It is not theft. We have been through three versions of the Guild Dethrone system.

1. Vanilla: After 30 days inactive a guild member could put in a ticket to dethrone an inactive Guild Master.
  2. Later, they automated that so that if a Guild Master was inactive for 30 days or more the leadership was automatically offered to other guild members starting at the highest rank and working down to the lowest. There were a lot of complaints about that version.
  3. Current version: Guild Master is offline for more than 90 days it gets offered to the top 3 ranks in order. The GM can set it up so that anyone else is not within the rank levels to ever get it and can retain the guild forever. This has been in place for many years now… Here is a 2018 guidance article about it in addition to the Support articles Spotlight On - Guild Management and Security

What you might have thought was rank 8 then, was not. He was within the ranks to get it offered to him, and took it. That is how the system is supposed to work. It is up to the GM to set up ranks, bank permissions, etc.

Blizzard CS will not get involved because the system is working as designed. It is designed to have active leadership for a social group, which is what Guilds are intended to be. Of course some of us have bank guilds or small social alt guilds, which we have to be careful how we set up to avoid possible dethrone.

Your option is to start a new guild really.

10 Likes

If there’s nobody at a higher rank it’d have to go to someone at the lowest.

Unfortunate, but all you can do is choose carefully. Ultimately if others are involved, there’s potential for this, but that’s life.

I had a card start to go out in 2020, literally no one had extra cards laying around.

Luckily my bro was on the waitlist for EVGA for multiple cards at once.

On a side note, I now have one of the last EVGA video cards.

in my case, we didnt know each other well enough or for long enough to exhibit toxic behavior. i think the issue was the title, “pharaohs” and the members all had the names of egyptian gods, one of which was isis. isis was around for 4000 years in egyptian lore before it became the name of an infamous gang. oh well, you live you learn

A guild is the people in it. If it’s just a name and a bank, it’s just a shell.

If the OP want the “guild” back, start a new one and invite all of the people in the old one into the new one. If they want to come, they’ll come, and the guild will thrive.

If not, then even if they “got it back”, what did they really accomplish?

yeah I am in contact with someone who is getting out of bitcoin mining, and he is going to donate 30 2060s to our cause. We will repaste them and just give them away for free. 2020 was a hard time for everyone. But 11 months without a PC is a bit long. I don’t think I have ever been away from wow for 11 months even during Xpacks I didn’t like.

Communication is the other option. Obviously.

Might be that we have an addiction haha

1 Like

Yeah if you are a GM and don’t have officer’s phone numbers etc then you are not a good GM and don’t deserve the guild in the first place.

Eh, with discord nowadays it’s less important than it was to have that much personal info about your guildmates.

Most have discord on their phone now.

1 Like

and thats fine, but reach out and touch someone :wink:

Hell, before that we had like… whatsapp but yea, back in vanilla we had each others numbers lol

What you just described is theft. Is it endorsed by Blizzard? Sure, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t theft.

You may be right. I was in a guild many years ago where the GM pretty much disappeared and nobody could contact them. I remember the next officer-in-line decided to dethrone the GM but had to wait out the “time inactive” which was either 60 or 90 days, before they could take over the guild. I don’t know if there was a button to press or if they had to make a formal request to Blizz though.

Yeah, back in Vanilla we did have each others phone numbers at the officer level. We also had guild in-person get-togethers once or twice a year.

I still have a few phone numbers, but most people I need to talk to personally I message on Discord. That is how most active guilds I know handle things.

Oh, and on the subject of shipping PCs and parts when someone else upgrades, yeah. I have a frankenputer upstairs my friends sent me most of, including the vid card (several years ago and it was older then). Really helped a lot!

1 Like